This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own
These Cheeseburgers with Sautéed Onions and Horseradish Mayo are an easy and delicious answer to burger night!
I have so much to be grateful for, but sometimes I get so busy that I forget that. I get into a place where everything feels like a chore, and looking at my to-do list leaves me feeling defeated.
I’ve been trying to do some things to help eliminate these feelings so that I can get back into a place of gratitude. I just bought an online journaling app and am trying to snap more photos to help serve as visual reminders of how lucky I am.
I’m also working to simplify and systematize my life more.
I’ve developed a cleaning schedule where every member of the family has a set group of chores each week. This is helping so much because in the past it has felt that 90% of the household duties fell on me.
The other thing I’ve done is simplified our meals.
It has taken me some time, but I’ve come to realize that it isn’t necessary for me to spend an hour in the kitchen for Tuesday night’s dinner. And it also isn’t necessary for me to plan meals that require me to cook one meal for the kids and another for the adults. For years, I’ve felt like a short order cook, cooking up to four given meals at any given mealtime.
Those days are over.
That doesn’t mean I’m willing to sacrifice taste, though! That is just never going to happen. Instead, I’m focusing on easy meal solutions that allow me to add on some flavor boosts for the grown-ups while still keeping the kids happy.
A perfect example is burger night.
The kids can have their burgers plain, while hubby and I can jazz them up a bit. One of my favorite burger creations is today’s Cheeseburgers with Sautéed Onions and Horseradish Mayo.
These burgers are so easy to make, and the flavor wows me every time. If you aren’t a mayo fan, then you can substitute it out for Greek yogurt.
To further simplify things, I’ve used Ball Park® Steakhouse Burgers. They are made with 100% all natural beef and are so easy to make. Best of all, they have a taste that the whole family loves. With tween boys that have an appetite that amazes me, this is a great alternative to heading out for burgers. They are great on the grill, but when the weather cools down they are just as good on the stove top or even in the oven.
You can find Ball Park Steakhouse Burgers in the freezer aisle at Walmart. (You can also find Ball Park® Flame Grilled Beef Patties and Ball Park® Pulled Pork there for added variety.) All of these options allow you to create an easy meal that your family will love.
How do you simplify your life?
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 4 Ball Park Steakhouse Burgers
- 4 slices Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
- Horseradish Mayo
- ½ cup mayonnaise (see note)
- 2 tablespoons drained prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- For serving
- 4 Gluten Free Buns, toasted
- Shredded Lettuce
- Preheat Broiler to high.
- Heat butter or coconut oil in a large skillet to medium high heat. Add onion, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, heat a separate oven safe skillet to medium heat. Add Ball Park Steaks Burgers, and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes per side. Add a cheese slice to each burger and transfer to the broiler. Cook until melted.
- While the burgers and onions are cooking, make the Horseradish Mayo by combining the mayonnaise, horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper in a small dish. (May be made ahead; Refrigerate until ready to use.)
- Spread desired amount of Horseradish Mayo on each bun. Place the burgers on the bottom bun and top with onions and cheese.
- Note: You won’t need all of the Horseradish Mayo for these four burgers. Feel free to half the recipe - I like to keep it on hand for other uses.