Today I’ve got some great comfort food for you. This is a family favorite that I make time and again.
Although not my healthiest dish, it is one that pleases the whole family. I use Ancient Harvest quinoa pasta, which is gluten free and also free of GMO’s.
This dish is easily made vegetarian or vegan with the use of non-dairy sour cream and yogurt and Beyond Meat Chicken Strips. (Which actually rock.)
- 8 ounce quinoa spaghetti
- 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, Beyond Meat Chicken strips or tempeh cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium red onion, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ cup dry white wine or broth
- ½ cup plain Greek Yogurt (dairy or non-dairy)
- ½ cup sour cream or non-dairy sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving ½ cup pasta water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet. Cook chicken until golden brown and cooked all the way through, about 8 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Cook red onion for 8 minutes. Sprinkle with flour, paprika, salt and crushed red pepper and stir to combine. Add white wine and pasta water and cook for 2 minutes. Add yogurt, sour cream and Worcestershire sauce and cook for 2 minutes more. Toss with pasta, chicken and parsley and serve warm with fresh ground black pepper.