This Chicken Zucchini Noodle Alfredo is a delicious low-carb option to traditional pasta. Keto Friendly with the use of heavy cream or use my quinoa cream recipe for a lower fat alternative
If you love Chicken Alfredo as much as I do, you are going to want to give this Chicken Zucchini Noodle Alfredo a try.
I’ve mentioned a couple of times this year that I have been watching my carbs for most of the year.
It isn’t that I think that carbs are bad for everyone, per se. It is just that they are a major trigger for me and I have a bad habit of overeating them. I can pass on sweets all day long, but leave me at home with an open bag of chips I love, and bad things will happen.
This is why I pretty much forbid the chips that I love from coming into the house.
No. Self. Control.
Chicken Zucchini Noodle AlfredoClick To Tweet
I have found that with a diet higher in healthy fats, moderate in protein and low in carbs I am less hungry and my blood sugar is much more even. Bonus: I’ve lost 25 pounds without really trying.
I am still eating ridiculous amounts of vegetables, but most days that is where the bulk of my carbs are coming from.
My Spiralizer and I have become great friends, and I can’t believe how much I have grown to love zucchini noodles.
The first time I had them, I thought they were great, but that I could never really use them as a pasta substitute.
Over time, I’ve grown to adore them! The key is to salt them to get them to release their moisture so that your sauce doesn’t end up watered down. Also – make sure you only cook them for a minute or two.
If you give this Chicken Zucchini Noodle Alfredo a try I would love to know what you think!
If you like this Chicken Zucchini Noodle Alfredo, you make like these other low-carb recipes:
- Avocado Pesto Chicken Salad Wraps
- Spanish Beef & Cauliflower Rice Bowls
- Avocado Fries & Dipping Sauce
- Bacon Guacamole Stuffed Mini-Peppers
- Spanish Cauliflower Rice
- 3 small zucchini, cut lengthwise with a vegetable peeler or spiraled
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 16 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted grass-fed butter
- 3/4 cup quinoa cream or organic heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Place sliced zucchini in a colander and place the colander over a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat avocado oil to medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Place chicken on a plate and sprinkle on both sides with Italian seasoning, sea salt, and cayenne pepper. Add chicken to skillet, and cook over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes per side. Remove from skillet.
- Allow to cool and then chop.
- Reduce heat to medium and add butter to the skillet and when it is melted scrape up the browned bits. Add heavy cream and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add garlic and Parmesan and cook until the Parmesan is melted. Stir in chopped chicken, zucchini noodles, and parsley and cook for 2 more minutes, until warmed through.