If you have been around here for more than 60 seconds, you know that I am an essential oil enthusiast. Though they have helped me personally in many ways, my favorite thing about them is that my kids are so healthy! They’ve avoided getting sick even when it seems that everyone around us is.
Essential Oils for Children: 11 Remedies We Rely On!
- Allergies : If your little ones suffer from allergies lemon, lavender and peppermint are your new best friends. (Do not use peppermint in children under 5.) Simply apply a drop of each to the bottom of their feet morning and night.
- Breathing Support; Apply Breathe to the back, chest, through and bottoms of the feet. Cover the feet with socks.
- Bed Wetting: This was a big one in our house. At one point in time, I thought we were forever going to be dealing with this. The solution? 2 drops of Balance on the feet at bedtime and 4 drops of diluted Cypress over the bladder. Works like a charm.
- Bee Sting: Dilute Tea Tree Oil and Lavender with coconut oil and apply on the sting.
- Bladder Health: Although this has never been an issue with the boys, if Skye is anything like I was I’ll be so glad I have this protocol in my arsenal. Massage Immunity on the lower abdomen and bottom of the feet.
- Boils and Sores: One drop of Frankincense and Helichrysum diluted with coconut oil applied directly to sore.
- Lung Support: Massage Breathe on the chest area.
- Burns: Now that the boys are learning to cook, burns are part of our lives more than I’d like. Dilute three drops of Lavender and Melaleuca with coconut oil and apply to the area. For severe burns also use Helichrysum.
- Cold Sore: One drop of Melaleuca diluted, just enough to cover the sore.
- Chicken Pox: Add three drops each of Lavender and Tea Tree Oil to 1 ounce of Calamine lotion. Apply to itchy spots. Put 4 drops of lavender and 1 cup of baking soda to a bath. To purify the air, diffuse Immune Strength for children over ten. For younger children, use Immunity. (I do not recommend using Immune Strength, OnGuard or Thieves on children under 10 because they contain oils that can be harmful to small children.)
- Cold: Apply Breathe to the back of the neck. Apply Immunity to the bottom of the feet. Repeat often. For babies, dilute 1-2 drops of lemon or lavender in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and massage on the neck and chest.
Looking for safe essential oils for kids? We LOVE the new line by Rocky Mountain Oils!
When it comes to my kids, natural is always best! Have you used essential oils for children? What are your favorites?