Metabolic Syndrome is a group of symptoms that when occurring together can be precursors to type 2 diabetes, stroke and coronary artery disease. Learn about Essential Oils for Metabolic Syndrome.
These symptoms of Metabolic Syndrome include:
- High Blood Pressure
- Elevated Triglycerides
- Insulin Resistance
- Low HDL Cholesterol
Having just one of these conditions doesn’t mean that you have metabolic syndrome. However, if you have three our more of these conditions you have Metabolic Syndrome:
- Blood pressure at or above 130/85 mmHg
- Fasting blood glucose at or above 100 mg/dL
- Waist Circumference over 35 inches (women) or 40 inches (men)
- HDL Cholesterol under 50 mg/dL (women) or 40 mg/dL (men)
- Triglycerides at or above 150 mg/dL
It is important to note that although essential oils can support you as you go through Metabolic Syndrome, aggressive lifestyle changes are critical to your success.
Choosing an Essential Oil Company to Trust with Your Health is a Big Decision
I recommend Rocky Mountain Oils because I honestly believe they are the best oils for the money. They have strong ethics about oil production and grow their oils in their native environment. All of their oils are either organically certified, organically grown or wild crafted with no adulterating. (Most oils you buy at the local health food store are adulterated with propylene glycol or a similar substance. )
Please note: The information provided below is a compilation of suggestions made by those that have used essential oils and has NOT been scientifically verified with clinical tests nor reviewed by medical experts. It is anecdotal information and should be treated as such. For serious medical concerns please seek professional medical attention.
Essential Oils for Metabolic Syndrome
Protocols for Metabolic Syndrome:
For more information see also: High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia), Obesity and Hyperglycemia
Cholesterol: 6 drops Lemongrass in a capsule daily. You may also take 2 drops Lemongrass, 2 drops Cypress and 2 drops Lavender. Another alternative is 3 drops each Lemongrass and Cassia.
4 drops Coriander, 4 drops Basil in a capsule daily.
Lavender on the feet at night.
- If you tolerate dairy and include it in your diet, make sure that it is full fat dairy. A new study showed that insulin resistance, a hallmark of metabolic syndrome, improved when people ate more full fat dairy.
- A study from the Harvard School of Public Health found that people who followed a Mediterranean style of eating had a 35% reduced risk of metabolic syndrome.