Metabolic Syndrome is a group of symptoms that when occurring together can be precursors to type 2 diabetes, stroke and coronary artery disease. Learn about Essential Oils for Metabolic Syndrome.
These symptoms of Metabolic Syndrome include:
- High Blood Pressure
- Elevated Triglycerides
- Insulin Resistance
- Low HDL Cholesterol
Having just one of these conditions doesn’t mean that you have metabolic syndrome. However, if you have three our more of these conditions you have Metabolic Syndrome:
- Blood pressure at or above 130/85 mmHg
- Fasting blood glucose at or above 100 mg/dL
- Waist Circumference over 35 inches (women) or 40 inches (men)
- HDL Cholesterol under 50 mg/dL (women) or 40 mg/dL (men)
- Triglycerides at or above 150 mg/dL
It is important to note that although essential oils can support you as you go through Metabolic Syndrome, aggressive lifestyle changes are critical to your success.
The Quality of The Essential Oils You Use Matters!
I’ve tried most every essential oil company out there, and I am thrilled to recommend Plant Therapy as my preferred company!
After looking closely at the quality, purity, and ethics of so many companies, I’ve fallen in love with both the company and their oils. They are serious about safety and go to great lengths to test every single batch to ensure purity!
Read my full Plant Therapy Review for why they are my go-to company.
Please note: The information provided below is a compilation of suggestions made by those that have used essential oils and has NOT been scientifically verified with clinical tests nor reviewed by medical experts. It is anecdotal information and should be treated as such. For serious medical concerns please seek professional medical attention.
Essential Oils for Metabolic Syndrome
Protocols for Metabolic Syndrome:
For more information see also: High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia), Obesity and Hyperglycemia
Cholesterol: 6 drops Lemongrass in a capsule daily. You may also take 2 drops Lemongrass, 2 drops Cypress and 2 drops Lavender. Another alternative is 3 drops each Lemongrass and Cassia.
4 drops Coriander, 4 drops Basil in a capsule daily.
Lavender on the feet at night.
- If you tolerate dairy and include it in your diet, make sure that it is full fat dairy. A new study showed that insulin resistance, a hallmark of metabolic syndrome, improved when people ate more full fat dairy.
- A study from the Harvard School of Public Health found that people who followed a Mediterranean style of eating had a 35% reduced risk of metabolic syndrome.