This is a sponsored post brought to you by Udi's Gluten Free and Tapinfluence. All options are my own.
When you are a family of five and EVERY member of the family is a picky eater, healthy eating can be a lot of work. Add in food allergies and you've got a recipe for spending your entire life in the kitchen.
As much as I enjoy cooking, I have no desire to miss out on fun with family and friends to spend the entire day slaving away in the kitchen.
Although we both work from home, I really don't want to make the time to cook in the middle of the day. So, like those who work outside the home, I am always looking for healthy meals that the components can be put together ahead of time.
Lately, we've been enjoying these amazing Buffalo Quinoa Wraps!
Though you could certainly make these when you want to eat them, they are very easy to prepare ahead of time. Simply cook the chicken and quinoa and toss with the buffalo sauce. Store that in one container. Chop your veggies and toss with the vinegar. Store that in another container. When it is time to eat, warm your tortilla (I used the small Udi's Gluten Free tortillas) spread with yogurt or mayonnaise and add the chicken, veggies and cheese. Volia – you have lunch with about five minutes of prep time! (You could probably use the bigger wraps, put them together and roll them up in foil too but I haven't tried that.)
You guys know I've been working with Udi's Gluten Free for a while and I'm a big fan. My love for all of their products is genuine, and I especially love the wraps. The key to them is to heat them up in a skillet – they get brown and puff a bit – and turn utterly delicious. You may be able to accomplish this in a microwave too. We don't use the microwave so I really don't know.
Thanks to Udi's for sponsoring this post and allowing me to bring you another gluten free recipe!
Learn more about living gluten free! Visit http://udisglutenfree.com/community
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast (you could also use Beyond Meat or tempeh)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Olive oil spray
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup Buffalo hot sauce
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons Greek Yogurt or homemade mayo
- 6 Udi’s Gluten Free Wraps
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add oil spray to the pan and cook chicken until golden brown and cook through, about 5 to 10 minutes per side. (Cooking time will vary according to thickness.) Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Dice.
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl and add quinoa. Toss with hot sauce.
- In a small bowl combine celery, carrots and red onions. Add vinegar.
- Wipe skillet clean and spray with olive oil. Heat wraps until golden brown.
- Spread Yogurt or mayo on wraps and top with chicken and quinoa, vegetables and blue cheese. Drizzle with additional hot sauce if desired.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Udi's Gluten Free. The opinions and text are all mine.