I look at some of the first posts on this website and cringe.
When I started “blogging” (quotes because I didn’t know what a blog was) I didn’t take photos of any of the recipes. When I started, they were taken with a point and shoot camera and terrible lighting.
My recipe writing style has changed a good bit too.
So to end the cringe-factor, one of my goals for the next year is to update some of these early posts.
Today’s Goat Cheese, Gouda and Walnut Quinoa Salad is one. A version of this recipe was originally posted in 2011, and today I’m sharing with you the updated version. This is a fun quinoa salad that makes a great meal.
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 4 oz arugula or spinach, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, finely chopped.
- 1 cup diced fennel
- 1 apple, diced
- 4 oz aged Gouda, diced
- 3 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup of walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar dressing
- Spray a skillet with oil and heat to medium. Add onion and cook for 8 minutes, until tender. Add vinegar and cook for another minute, or until the vinegar cooks off. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl combine cooked quinoa, arugula or spinach, celery, fennel, apple, gouda, goat cheese, walnuts and cranberries. Toss with dressing and serve at room temperature or chilled.