This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text concerning #FruityAndHoney are all mine.
Now and then, I run across something that gets my creative juices going in the kitchen.
A few posts ago, I shared my new love for Smucker's Fruit & Honey Fruit Spread. Not only do I adore having a honey sweetened spread for the kids, but I also feel inspired by the different flavors.
(In case you missed it Smucker's Fruit & Honey Fruit Spread comes in four flavors: Blueberry Lemon, Strawberry, Triple Berry and Tropical.)
In addition to eating the spreads on toast and nut butter sandwiches, the kids and I have been having a lot of fun in the kitchen getting creative. So far, we've made fruit roll ups out of the Triple Berry and Strawberry and an ice cream topping out of the Blueberry Lemon.
Today I want to share with you what just may be my favorite creation so far: A Grilled Chicken & Mango Salad.
In it I've used the Tropical flavor, which lends a slight sweetness to both the marinade and dressing. I love the way it contrasts with the crushed red pepper and chili powder. If you want to heat things up another notch, I think 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper in the marinade would be lovely.
Would you like to try Smucker's Fruit & Honey Spread? Get a coupon here.
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Smucker's Tropical Fruit & Honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Smucker's Tropical Fruit & Honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 2 cups chopped red cabbage
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and chopped small
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 6 scallions chopped
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, toasted and chopped
- To make the marinade, combine lime juice, Smucker's Tropical Fruit & Honey, olive oil, sea salt and crushed red pepper in a blender. Process until smooth. Place chicken in a large plastic bag and pour marinade over. Allow to sit for 15 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining rice vinegar, lime juice, Smucker's Tropical Fruit & Honey, sesame oil, olive oil, chili powder, crushed red pepper and sea salt in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Heat a grill pan to medium-high heat. Drain chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Turn and cook for another 5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from heat and transfer to a cutting board. Chop.
- In a large bowl combine Napa cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, mango, red onion, cilantro and scallions. Add chopped chicken and toss with the desired amount of dressing. Top with cashews and serve.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company®. The opinions and text are all mine.