When is the last time you truly relaxed? The fight or flight environment of today’s world is key threat to adrenal health. Our bodies sense stress and don’t know the difference between whether we are running for our lives or running to make an appointment on time. Either way, cortisol is produced.
To promote a strong immune system, good sleep and healthy digestion, we want to make sure our cortisol levels are healthy. Avoiding caffeine can help with this as caffeine can interfere with quality sleep.
The key is to support your adrenal glands to STAY HEALTHY so you aren’t dealing with high cortisol levels. When you give your body what it needs it is able to deal with common stress.
Natural Ways to Maintain Healthy Adrenal Function and Hormone Levels
- Keep your blood sugar in check by eating three balanced meals a day. Try to eat every three to four hours and include protein in your meals and snacks. Avoid white carbs and overly processed food. This is key for endocrine and adrenal function.
- Keep your diet focused on foods that support your hormonal system.
- Stick to real food! Your diet should be most, if not all, whole foods in their natural state.
- Chia seeds are an excellent source of Omega’s and provide fiber.
- Organic Pastured Egg Yolks are one of the best foods for repairing your adrenals.
- Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil is an excellent source of fat that can help to stabilize your blood sugar levels.
- First thing in the morning add 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan salt to a glass of filtered water. Have another glass during the day if your energy levels are low.
- Start your day with the sun! Ideally, get some rays within an hour of waking up. (Not always possible for those who are up early.)
- Try to get probiotics in your diet. Try adding cultured vegetables and kombucha. Consider supplementing with PB Assist.
- Make vegetables a key component of your diet.
- Eat protein at every meal.
- Add sprouted nuts and seeds to your diet.
- Consider adding sea vegetables to your diet. Examples are nori, wake, comb and hijiki.
- Buy the best quality food you can. Eat grass fed organic beef, free range organic chicken and organic pastured eggs. Stick to wild salmon and avoid farmed fish.
- Stay away from: processed food, sugar, white flour, caffeine, soda, fried foods, fast food and any item that has ingredients that a 2nd grader couldn’t pronounce.
- Get your elimination systems working. You should eliminate a minimum of once a day, ideally three times a day. Add lemon juice and/or lemon oil to your water in the morning. This will get your digestive system going and keep you alkaline. Make sure you are hydrated! You should cleanse two to four times a year and consider colon hydrotherapy. Oils to Consider for Occasional Constipation are: Digest Zen, Black Pepper, Fennel and Peppermint. Supplements that are helpful include GX Assist, PB Assist and Zendocrine.
- Bathe in Epsom salts. The magnesium enhances sleep and good sleep is critical to regulating hormones.
- Follow a Hormone Balancing Essential Oil Protocol Morning and Night.
Put 2 to 3 drops of Frankincense under the tongue in the morning and in the evening. This helps with healthy inflammation response, balanced moods and will work to balance the endocrine system.
Use Geranium topically over the kidneys.
Place 2 drops of Grounding Blend blend on each foot morning and night.
Women: Also consider Monthly Blend for Women, Whisper, Melissa, Sandalwood, Anti Aging Blend, Cypress, Geranium and Clary Sage. Supplementation with with Women’s Health Pack is also beneficial.
Men: Clary Sage, Sandalwood, Cypress, Blend for Women and Anti Aging Blend (for erectile function.)
Choosing an Essential Oil Company to Trust with Your Health is a Big Decision
I recommend Rocky Mountain Oils because I honestly believe they are the best oils for the money. They have strong ethics about oil production and grow their oils in their native environment. All of their oils are either organically certified, organically grown or wild crafted with no adulterating. (Most oils you buy at the local health food store are adulterated with propylene glycol or a similar substances. )
I love that they are NOT an MLM, so there are no required orders or membership fees. They offer free shipping, so it makes sense to order even if you just need one bottle!
Oils to Support Health & Wellness:
Mild Acne: Clear skin, Anti Aging Blend, Bergamot, Clary Sage, Clove, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium, Roman Chamomile, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Marjoram, Melaleuca, Patchouli, Rosemary, sandalwood, spearmint, thyme, vetiver.
Adrenal Health: lavender, rosemary, clove, basil, peppermint, Elevation, Aromatouch Technique and Life Long Vitality Pack. Lavender and rosemary decrease cortisol levels when inhaled.
Occasional Swelling (such as you would get if you had been on your feet too long): Cypress(alleviates fluids), fennel (breaks up fluids), geranium, grapefruit, lemongrass, rosemary, tangerine (alleviates fluids). Drink water every 3 hours minimum.
Endocrine system Health: Detoxification Blend, rosemary, cinnamon, Black pepper, dill, Aromatouch Technique
Reproductive Health: Solace, Clary Sage, Frankincense, cypress, geranium, Melissa, fennel, roman chamomile, thyme, Ylang Ylang
Occasional Fatigue (Hello, chasing a toddler!): Ginger, Peppermint, and White Fir. Add Basic Vitality Supplements to your supplementation routine. It has helped me with my energy levels tremendously! (And I can always tell if I’ve skipped a few days in a row.
To combat fatigue try diffusing ginger, peppermint or white fir. You can also apply ginger topically to the liver and adrenal glands.
Take 6 drops Metabolic Blend + 3 Drops Peppermint Oil + 3 drops wild orange in a capsule daily.
Rub 3 drops of Citrus Bliss in the feet in the morning
Have the following Spine Therapy done once a week.
Apply fractionated coconut oil along the spine.
Layer the following in this order one at a time: Oregano, Thyme, Citrus Bliss, Wild Orange, Frankincense, Rosemary, Elevation, Massage Blend and Peppermint. After you are done massaging, place a hot compress along the spine for 15 minutes.
Hormone Balance: Peppermint, Geranium, citrus oils, Grounding Blend and Clary Sage. Peppermint is an excellent way to cool down and may be effective on the feet at night, the back of the neck, on the chest, or some prefer a spray bottle with Peppermint and water for easy application.
Male Hormone Balance: Clary sage, clove, ginger, sandalwood, Ylang Ylang
Healthy Libido: Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, Ginger, Peppermint, Elevation, Clary Sage
Maintain Healthy Blood Sugar Levels: Cinnamon, clove, thyme, Metabolic Blend
Menopause: Lavender, Woman’s Blend, and Geranium with some special massage strokes over the abdomen and arms once a week for eight weeks. They experienced a significant reduction in menopausal symptoms including depression and pain.
Minor & Occasional Head Pain: Past Tense, Peppermint, Frankincense
Balanced Moods: Basic Vitality Supplements, Women’s Monthly Blend, Bergamot, Clary sage, fennel, geranium, lavender, lemon, peppermint, rosemary, sandalwood, blue spruce, ylang ylang
Healthy Ovaries: Geranium and/or rosemary (regulates).
Healthy Pituitary: Frankincense, sandalwood
Support Hormones During PMS: Women’s Monthly Blend, bergamot, Clary sage, fennel, geranium, grapefruit, lavender, Roman chamomile
Balance Progesterone : Women’s Monthly Blend, Grounding Blend, Geranium, Frankincense, Lavender, ginger, marjoram, oregano, thyme, Ylany Ylang. Place 3 drops each of marjoram and thyme oil diluted with coconut oil over the liver at night as well.
Prostate Health: Helichrysum, Anti Aging Blend
Healthy Testosterone Levels: Balance, Whisper, Sandalwood, Cypress, Clary Sage, Geranium, Detoxification Blend, Rosemary. Add 1-2 drops of Sandalwood to 1 Tablespoon of fractionated coconut oil and apply topically to testicles and bottoms of feet.
Same procedure can be used with Clary Sage or other oils above. Also consider diffusing these oils or using other inhalation techniques. Life Long Vitality supplements on a regular, consistent basis. If the root problem is possible infection doing a GX Assist or other detoxification should be considered.
Thyroid Support: Myrhh, clove, balance, lemongrass