This is the time of year that I feel like things go into overdrive.
First my birthday (not such a big deal), then Thanksgiving, then Alex’s birthday, then Christmas, then New Year’s, then Christian’s birthday. This year we have Skye’s birthday to add to the mix a little over a month after Christian’s birthday.
Whew! Though I get tired just thinking about it, I love every minute of it. Kid’s are so much work, but so much fun! Nothing is better than their crazy excitement, even if on occasion the volume reaches levels that can make me reach for a glass of wine. 🙂
This year, I’m really trying to plan ahead, and also making an effort to keep things simple. Whether I will accomplish this or not is another story, but one thing I’ve been thinking a lot about is how we all tend to get so caught up in the doing of the season that we forget to actually enjoy it.
I’m so excited to share this amazing quinoa salad from Lisa and Anna from Garnish With Lemon. It’s the perfect simply delicious dish that us busy moms need!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ½ cup chopped kalamata olives
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Juice of one lemon
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil over medium heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed in quinoa. Fluff with a fork and cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the oil and vinegar and let quinoa come to room temperature. Add onion, tomatoes, pepper, olives, cilantro, and salt and pepper. Stir gently.
- Add feta cheese and gently combine. Chill for 2 hours to let flavors combine. Squeeze lemon juice over salad right before serving to brighten flavors.
Connect with Lisa & Anna!