You know what time it is don’t you? Yep, it’s time for all things pumpkin to take over the internet.
I had to laugh when I saw this on Facebook. Of course, I shared it on my timeline and mentioned that I would be participating in the pumpkin overload. I’ve held back in prior years but after doing a pumpkin series this summer, I’ve turned into a bit of an addict.
I love this casserole any time of year, but it is especially fun in the fall. (Even though it will be a while before I experience cooler weather.)
If you are looking for other Pumpkin quinoa recipes, here are a few to check out:
Do you love pumpkin as much as I do? What are your favorite pumpkin recipes? What would you like to see on the blog?
- 1 cup regular or gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large egg or 1 flax egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 -3 cups almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Streusel Topping
- 2/3 cup toasted quinoa flour (or flour of choice)
- 1 cup gluten free or regular oats
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts,
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 4 tablespoons softened Earth Balance or butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a medium casserole pan with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl mix together oats, quinoa, walnuts, cranberries, chia seeds, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt. Spread mixture evenly in prepared pan.
- If using flax egg mix together 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds with 3 tablespoons warm water. Set aside to thicken.
- In a separate bowl mix together (flax) egg, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Pour mixture over quinoa oat mixture ensuring that oats are fully covered.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make streusel topping by combining flour, oats, walnuts, palm sugar and butter in a small bowl.
- Remove casserole from oven and top with streusel topping. Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes longer. Serve warm with an additional pat of butter or drizzle of maple syrup if desired.