This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BalancedNewYear #CollectiveBias
I’ve talked a lot lately about how this year is all about renewing my commitment to eating right.
One thing that I’ve realized is that being a work at home, homeschooling mom of 3, the biggest thing that throws me off track is time. I love cooking, but when I get busy, I tend to reach for things that aren’t so balanced.
Lately, I’ve been staying on track on those crazy days by letting the LEAN CUISINE® Marketplace Collection help out with delicious and satisfying meals.
I was thrilled to learn that LEAN CUISINE® had gluten free meals, like the Spicy Beef & Bean Enchiladas you see here. I love adding LEAN CUISINE® Marketplace Collection products because they are so tasty I can serve them to the family without getting complaints. (And you guys know how picky hubby is.)
They are also helpful when the kids are tied up with activities, and I’m on my own for dinner. When I know my freezer is stocked, there is no way I’ll be tempted to run through the drive through after dropping them off. LEAN CUISINE® Marketplace Collection products a lifesaver when it comes to making sure my meals stay balanced.
Paired with a simple side, such as today’s Citrus Rainbow Slaw, and you’ve got a satisfying and balanced meal that will help you stay on track with your 2016 goals.
This slaw is so easy to make!
Just chop your cabbage.
Shred the carrots.
Chop the cilantro.
And the scallions. Toss all of your veggies in a large bowl.
Juice your citrus.
And combine it in your blender with the rice wine vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, cumin and cayenne pepper. Process until combine and then salt and pepper to taste.
Process again. Toss with the veggies and you are done!
Pair with a meal from the LEAN CUISINE® Marketplace Collection and you are set for a delicious and satisfying meal.
Looking for more inspiration for great sides? Make sure you check out the Flavorful Moments Pinterest Board for more inspiration!
- 1/4 medium green cabbage shredded
- 1/4 medium red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (or lime)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine cabbages, carrots, cilantro and scallions in a large bowl.
- In a blender, combine lemon juice, orange juice, Rice Wine Vinegar, olive oil, honey, cumin, cayenne and sea salt in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Toss cabbage with dressing and serve.