If I had to pick one kitchen appliance, I couldn’t live without, it would be my Breville Sous Chef Food Processor.
After that, it would be my Slow Cooker.
I have some go-to recipes that I make all the time when I don’t feel like thinking about what is for dinner. Among them are these Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches, these Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa and this Chicken Tortilla Casserole. I also couldn’t survive without this Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Recipe! It is perfect to have on hand to toss into salads or a wrap.
Today I’ve got a new recipe for you, which I think is going to be another one in my rotation. This Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice is a fun twist on Chicken & Rice! I’ve added spinach, feta and tomato for a bit of a Mediterranean twist.
What kitchen appliance do you rely on?
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 cups rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast or thighs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 6 ounces baby spinach, chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 8 ounces crumbled feta
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Spray a large skillet with avocado oil. Add onion and cook over medium high heat for 10 minutes. Add garlic and Italian seasoning and cook for one more minute.
- Transfer to a slow cooker and add rice, chicken, broth, salt and pepper.
- Cook 4 to 6 hours on low. Remove chicken from cooker and transfer to a cutting board. Shred. Return chicken to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl whisk together sour cream and broth. Add to slow cooker along with the spinach, tomato and feta.
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes, until spinach is wilted. Stir in lemon juice and zest.