This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of NatureRaised Farms. All opinions and text are all mine.
This Southwestern Baked Chicken is a delicious and healthy dinner recipe. It is easy to make-ahead so that dinner is ready to pop in the oven at the end of a busy day.
Although many people say that they feel a letdown when the holidays are over, I adore this time of year.
There is such a sense of renewal.
I love this time to refocus on my goals and redefine what is important to me.
One of the biggest goals that I have for our family this year is to get and stay healthy.
Although I always try to eat well, 2016 was not the best year for me in this regard. Things were crazy and too often I found myself reaching for what felt like the easy way out.
I know many of you are right there with me.
Often, these choices left me feeling not my best. And, I felt like I wasn’t true to what I knew was right for myself and my family.
This year, I’m determined to get back on track. This is an achievable resolution and one I’m committed to sticking to.
7 Things I’m Doing this Year to Get & Keep My Family Healthy
1. Plan my menus every week. Include lunches and snacks in my planning since these areas are where I most often get off track.
2. Get the whole family involved in meal prep. Now that the boys are older, they are great in the kitchen. I need to get them in on the action more often to make feeding our family of five more manageable.
3. Visit my local Sam’s Club at least once or twice a month so that my fridge and pantry are always stocked with great real food options like NatureRaised Farms® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts and Whole Birds.
4. Have a marathon prep session on Sunday afternoons to prepare for the week ahead.
5. Keep it simple! Develop a rotation of easy recipes that the whole family will eat. No more creating separate meals for kids and adults!
6. Make sure I get 10,000 steps or more a day. Hubby and I both have trackers and have a healthy competition going.
7. Limit eating out to no more than once a week.
One recipe that is going to be in our rotation this year is this Southwestern Baked Chicken.
I made it with NatureRaised Farms® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, which are 99% fat-free with no added preservatives or artificial ingredients. We also love NatureRaised Farms® Whole Chicken, which also has no antibiotics, hormones or steroids. I find both products in the meat department at Sam’s Club.
You can learn more about NatureRaised Farms® Chicken and find the Sam’s Club nearest you HERE.
Right now, you can enter for a chance to win a $50 gift card from Sam’s Club.
Leave a comment and let me know your best tip for staying healthy this year for a chance to win! And let me know how it goes if you try this Southwestern Baked Chicken!
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 jalapeño, sliced thin
- 1 lime, juiced
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a small bowl, mix together onion powder, chili powder, smoked paprika and sea salt.
- Place chicken in a baking dish and brush with olive oil. Sprinkled evenly with spice mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese and top with tomatoes, onion, garlic and jalapeño.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until cooked through.
- Squeeze lime juice over chicken and garnish with chopped cilantro and green onions.