It’s a beautiful afternoon here and I’m dying to get outside with the kids, so this post is going to be short and sweet.
This is the time of year when my desire to be in the kitchen puttering around gives way to the desire for easy to make dishes.
I’d much rather be in the pool with the kids or watching them play in the yard than cooking and elaborate meal. Dishes like this Spinach & Quinoa Salad make the perfect light summer dinner. It get’s bonus points because it comes together in a matter of minutes. (Assuming you have cooked quinoa and dressing on hand – which I always do!)
What are your favorite summer meals?
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach, chopped fine
- 6 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1 small red onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar Dressing (use this one, this one, this one or bottled) - more to taste
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, spinach, feta, red onion and basil. Toss with dressing and top with pine nuts to serve.