This Superberry Quinoa Salad is the perfect way to fuel your day. With the nutritional powerhouses of aroniaberries and quinoa, you can’t go wrong!
You might remember that last month I mentioned that I was contacted by Superberries and asked to review their Organic Aroniaberry Concentrate. From that, this Strawberry Superberry Smoothie was born.
I talked in that post about why the antioxidants in foods like aroniaberries are so essential to our health. I won’t go into great detail again, (no biology lesson today) but to put it simply, antioxidants help our body fight off free radical damage caused by oxidative stress. This is important because oxidative stress can lead to accelerated aging and disease.
Scientists have confirmed that aroniaberries provide the most balanced protection against the five most common free radicals that can lead to illness. Since they have one the highest ORAC/antioxidant ratings of any fruit or vegetable, this is truly a superfood you can feel good about eating!
Since I’m such a big fan of the product, I’m excited to be sharing another one of their product that I’m equally excited about – Organic Frozen Aroniaberries.Supercharge your day with this Superberry Quinoa Salad #EatPurpleClick To Tweet
They are great to mix in smoothies, yogurt, cereal or salad dressing. You can even get crazy and make a fruit salsa with them. I had fun using them not only in today’s Superberry Quinoa Salad but also pureeing them with water and cooking the quinoa in the puree!
Obviously, these Organic Frozen Aroniaberries are an excellent way to get your antioxidants when you are at home.
But what about when you are on-the-go?
I don’t know about you, but I always tend to get run down when we travel. That is where their Daily Wellness Shot and Gummy Chews come in. They don’t need refrigeration and are easy to throw into your bag. Whether you are going to the beach, on a family road trip or even a business trip, they a great on-the-go solution.
Ready to try this powerful superfruit fruit? Between now and June 30th you can get $5 off all products using the coupon code INVacation.
- 3/4 cup thawed organic frozen aroniaberries, divided
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced red onions
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a blender, combine 1/4 cup of aroniaberries with water. Process until smooth.
- Heat a saucepan to medium and add quinoa. Toast for three minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water mixture and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes, until the water is absorbed. Remove from stove and allow to sit covered for 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet and allow to cool.
- Transfer quinoa to a medium bowl. Toss in spinach, red onions and remaining aroniaberries.
- Make dressing by adding vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup and garlic to your blender. Process until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss salad with desired amount of dressing and serve at room temperature or chilled.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Superberries. The opinions and text are all mine.