This Thai Rice Pilaf is packed with flavor and comes together in about 10 minutes. The perfect weekday side dish! It can easily be made vegan.
Do you ever get the feeling that there just aren’t enough hours in the day?
Yeah, me too!
There was a time when a crazy week could throw all of my nutrition goals off track. I would be too exhausted even to think about dinner, and so we would end up getting carry out. Not only was it less than ideal from a nutritional standpoint, but with two hungry boys, it also got expensive.
These days, I keep my pantry stocked so that a quick, wholesome meal is never too complicated.
One thing I have been keeping on hand is Veetee Dine In Rice.
Veetee Dine in rice is precooked, meaning I can have a meal on the table in a matter of minutes. You can microwave it or cook it in a skillet in just two minutes. Yes, you read that right. Just two minutes to fluffy, delicious rice.
Veetee Dine In Rice comes in a variety of flavors. They include:
- Thai Jasmine Rice
- Basmati Rice
- Basmati & Wild Rice
- Wholegrain Brown Rice
- Long Grain Rice
- Wholegrain Brown Rice & Quinoa
- Red Beans & Rice New Orleans Style
- Chicken Flavor Rice
- Golden Vegetable Rice
- Pilaf Rice
- Spanish Style Rice
With so much variety, there is an option that works with most any kind of meal. One of my favorite ways to enjoy it is a simple Cilantro Lime Rice to go with Mexican!
And then, there is this Rice Pilaf.
This Thai Rice Pilaf is so easy to make, but really delivers on the flavor. If you buy pre-shredded carrots and chopped pineapple, you can have it on the table in about ten minutes! It is a perfect side dish and a great vegan main course. (Just omit the fish sauce for a vegan option.)
From the UK, Veetee has been dishing up great quality food since 1987. .You can find their products at your local grocery store and on Amazon.
Right now, I am giving away two 6-packs of Veetee Rice – you get to pick the variety! You can enter below.
- 2 packages Veetee rice (I used Basmati - Thai Jasmine would be lovely too!)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup baby sweet peas (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger or 1 drop ginger essential oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, toasted
- Optional: Hot sauce
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet to medium high. Add pineapple, carrots and sweet peas and cook for 2 minutes. Add rice, lime juice, fish sauce, maple syrup and ginger. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and scallions. Top with cashews and coconut and serve warm. Drizzle with hot sauce if desired.
You Might Also Like:
A special thanks to Veetee for sponsoring this post!