This is a sponsored conversation brought to you by 3 Squares Kitchen Appliances. All opinions are 100% my own.
Around the holidays, I’m always looking for recipes that are easy to make, don’t require valuable oven and stove space AND taste delicious. Score extra points if they are also allergy friendly and appealing to both vegans and carnivores alike.
It sounds like a tall order, but today I’ve got a healthy side that the whole family will love. This Turmeric Quinoa with Pomegranate and Walnuts easy to make, beautiful on your table and so delicious.
Did I mention easy? Yes, but I’ll say it again.
We are talking less than 10 minutes of hands-on time.
I make it in my TIM3 MACHIN3 , which is how I cook all of my quinoa and rice these days.
It is quite simply the best way to cook quinoa.
I know that sounds like a tall claim, but I mean every word of it. The days of quinoa being stuck to the bottom of the pan because I got hung up with the kids and it stayed on the stove for too long are gone.
I know a lot of you like to cook your quinoa in a rice cooker. While this can be an ok method, you miss one of the most important steps, which is toasting the quinoa to bring out the flavor.
The TIM3 MACHIN3 has a quinoa setting, which allows you to toast the quinoa before adding any liquid in it. You can toast with a little oil like I did in today’s recipe, but most often I just toast it dry. (The only reason I added oil is for the onion and garlic.)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 4 scallions, sliced
- Turn on the TIM3 MACHIN3, to quinoa setting and hit start. Add olive oil, onion, garlic and quinoa. Toast, stirring often, until machine beeps. Add turmeric and vegetable broth and hit start again. Cook until done. (The machine will beep to let you know.)
- Remove from machine and toss with pomegranate seeds. Top with walnuts and scallions and serve warm or at room temperature