This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PickedAtPeak #CollectiveBias
This gluten-free veggie lasagna is easy to make and so delicious! With spinach, zucchini and a farm fresh tomato sauce, it is a meal the whole family will love!
There is a lot to love about summer! One of my favorite things is all of the fresh from the farm produce that is available. It may sound crazy, but the farmer’s market is one of my favorite places to go.
I get excited when my refrigerator is packed with freshness in the same way some girls get excited by new clothes.
To me, there is nothing better than creating a delicious family meal with the freshest seasonal ingredients. The perfect example is this Veggie Lasagna.
I love lasagna enough that we enjoy it year around, but when summer comes, I always make sure my lasagna is packed with vegetables.
Today I’ve used spinach and zucchini, but eggplant and summer squash would also be great. Combined with fresh gluten free lasagna noodles, I’ve got a meal that is satisfying and delicious.
While lasagna can sound like a meal that would take a lot of time, this dish came together in a flash thanks to my secret weapon: Prego® Farmers’ Market Classic Marinara.
It is a new product you can find at Walmart and one you won’t want to miss.
All Prego® Farmers’ Market sauces are made with the kind of ingredients that you would find at your local farmer’s market. Think vine-ripened tomatoes, garlic, and basil; all picked at the peak of freshness. They are made just the way I would make them at home, with olive oil, black pepper, and oregano. I love the amazing flavors from simple, farm fresh ingredients.
With Prego® Farmers’ Market, this lasagna comes together in less than twenty minutes! Just cook the veggies, mix up the ricotta mixture, and layer the lasagna and you’ve got a farm fresh meal the whole family will love.
What is your favorite way to incorporate farm fresh ingredients into your meals?
Don’t forget to check out the new at Prego® Farmers’ Market sauces Walmart!
- 1 pound zucchini, trimmed and sliced thin lengthwise
- 9 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 24 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces parmesan
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 jar Prego® Farmers' Market Classic Marinara
- 12 ounces part-skim mozzarella
- 12 ounces gluten free lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and spray with oil. Season zucchini strips with salt and pepper. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes. (The cooking time will vary according to how thinly you slice your zucchini.) Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spray the pan again and add the spinach. Cook until the spinach wilts. Transfer to a plate lined with a clean towel and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan, egg, garlic, basil, parsley and crushed red pepper. Stir in spinach and season with salt and pepper.
- Coat a 13 x 9 casserole dish with cooking spray and spread 1/2 cup of the Prego® Farmers' Market Classic Marinara on the bottom. Top with a layer of noodles, a layer of zucchini, 1/2 of the ricotta mixture and mozzarella. Spread 1/3 of the remaining marinara and repeat the layers. End with a layer of noodles, marinara and remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes prior to serving.