Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve woken up ready for breakfast. I can remember standing at the pantry pulling a box of cereal out before my eyes were really open.
I could sooner skip dinner than I could skip breakfast.
I’m all about a savory breakfast, and today I’ve got my new favorite: Zucchini Pancakes.
With a crispy golden crust, these Zucchini Pancakes remind me of potato cakes or hash browns, minus all the carbs. That is good for me because I’ve discovered that I feel better all day long if I eat a high-protein lower-carb breakfast. It also helps to keep my appetite in check.
If you’ve got as a crazy lifestyle as I do (and who doesn’t), these are perfect for you!
I like to make a big batch on the weekend so that I have them easy to grab in the morning. You can just warm them back up or even eat them cold. They are great to take on the go which is perfect when I’m running around with the kids.
I’ve used AllWhites® 100% Liquid Egg Whites in them.
I love that All Whites Egg Whites are delicious, and provide me with the energy I need to get through the day. They contain 100% Liquid Egg Whites and are rich in protein with no cholesterol. With half the calories of traditional whole eggs, they are the perfect easy solution to keep my calorie intake in check. Each serving contains 5 grams of protein, 0 grams of fat and only 25 calories.
Who needs a new Omelet Pan?
I’m giving away a Calphalon Nonstick Omelet pan to one lucky winner! Leave me a comment below to be entered to win!
- 1/2 pound zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour, coconut flour (low-carb) or whole wheat flour
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Avocado oil, for cooking
- In a medium bowl combine zucchini, AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites, flour, green onions, Parmesan, salt and paprika. Stir to combine. Form into patties about 1/4 cup each.
- Heat enough oil to coat the bottom of your skillet over medium high heat. Make sure you let the oil get hot enough or you will have sticking problems! Cook the pancakes about 5 minutes per side, flipping only when the edges start to turn brown and a crust has formed.
- Serve with Greek yogurt, sour cream and red onion if desired.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AllWhites 100% Liquid Egg Whites. The opinions and text are all mine.