New to essential oils and want to learn how to use them? Here are 11 Uses for Tea Tree Oil! You will be surprised at how versatile it is.
Tea Tree or Melaleuca is the essential oil distilled from Melaleuca alternifolia, an Austrailian tree. It is an wonderful antiseptic as well as being anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antifungal and antibiotic. It is often found in natural products and is also amazing as a
The Quality of The Essential Oils You Use Matters!
After looking closely at the quality, purity, and ethics of so many companies, I’ve fallen in love with both the company and their oils. They have a large line of organic oils and are serious about safety. Every single batch is tested to ensure purity!
Read my full Plant Therapy Review for why they are my go-to company.
- DIY Deodorant – Believe it or not you can use tea tree oil to make a great DIY deodorant. Mix 1/3 cup baking soda with 1/2 cup or organic coconut oil. Stir in 5 tablespoons of melted coconut oil and 15 drops of tea tree oil. Store in an airtight glass container.
- DIY Dandruff treatment: Just say no to the harsh chemicals that are in most dandruff shampoos. Instead, add a drop or two of tea tree oil to your regular (preferably natural) shampoo. Lather and let it sit for 5 minutes. Rinse and follow with conditioner. (This works for mild dandrug.)
- DIY Mildew Cleaner: In a glass spray bottle, combine 25 drops of tea tree oil with 1 cup of white vinegar. Spritz on mold or mildew and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Wipe away with a clean sponge.
- Natural Wart Remedy: Thanks to it’s antifungal properties, tree tea oil has been historically used to naturally support wart reduction. Dilute 1 drop of tea tree oil with water or a carrier oil and place on warts twice daily. Keep covered with a bandage.
- Mild Acne Treatment: Research has shown that a 5% solution of tea tree oil can be as effective as benzoyl peroxide in mild treating acne, but without the drying effects. Apply diluted tea tree oil to blemishes daily. I like jojaba oil, which helps to clear pores, but you may also use coconut oil.
- DIY All Purpose Cleaner: Mix 15 drops of tea tree oil with 2 cups of water and place in a glass spray bottle.
- Promote Ear Health: Add 2 drops of tea tree oil diluted in a carrier oil into a cotton ball and tape on infected ear. DO NOT use if the ear drum is perforated or if their is fluid leaking from the ear.
- DIY Soap: Combine 2 cups melted glycerine soap and 2 tablespoons of tea tree oil. Stir well and pour into soap molds. Cool.
- Foot Stink Be Gone: Combine 1/4 cup organic cornstarch, 1/4 cup baking soda, 10 drops lavender essential oil and 10 drops tea tree oil. Store in a glass jar and sprinkle on stinky feet as needed.
- DIY Laundry Booster: I am a huge fan of DIY Laundry products, but there are times when you need a little something extra. (Think cloth diapers, wet sheets or puked on clothing.) For these times, add a teaspoon of tea tree oils to the wash to help deal with bacteria and prevent fungal infections.
- Immune Support: Put one drop of Tea Tree oil in a glass of warm water and gargle with it. Don’t swallow! (If you swallow a little, don’t panic but it is best not to swallow.) Repeat three times a day for three days. This can promote wellness and boost the immune system. You can also dilute and add a drop of Sandalwood and rub on the front and back of neck.