One of the kids favorite things to do is go out for pizza.
Although they don’t agree on pizza toppings, all three of them love pizza.
Not a surprise. Unless you consider that when it comes to food, my three kids rarely agree on anything.
I even have one who doesn’t like chocolate. And one that doesn’t like ice cream. How is that even possible?
We have been trying to eat out less, so when my kids start begging to go out for pizza, I’ve been doing a pizza night at home instead.
My husband has been following a keto diet (low carb/high fat), so I came up with this Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza as a great alternative for him.
I’ll have to say – I didn’t expect to love it as much as I did. It is so filling that with one slice I was done. I am completely obsessed with the mayo sauce, which has a fantastic bite thanks to the pickle brine.
It doesn’t take much to really kick up the flavor.
To make it keto, you’ll want to use either a Cauliflower Crust or a Fathead Pizza Dough. (It sounds crazy, but it is a dough made of cheese. Hard to believe he is losing weight eating this way, but he is. I did too but then I missed carbs.)
Of course, it would be great on any pizza dough – next time I make it for myself I’m going to try it with my quinoa pizza dough
If You Like This Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza You May Also Like:
- California Club Pizza
- Tomato Feta Pizza with Quinoa Crust
- Pizza with Potato Quinoa Crust
- Blue Cheese Spinach & Sun Dried Tomato Pizza
Mix up your pizza night with this Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza recipe. This pizza is one the whole family will love. Use Cauliflower Pizza Crust or Fathead Pizza Dough for a low carb or Keto option.
- 1 recipe pizza dough Fathead Pizza Dough, Cauliflower Pizza Crust, Gluten Free Crust
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons low sugar ketchup
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons low-sugar ketchup
- 1/4 red onion sliced thin
- 4 sliced bacon crumbled (I used turkey bacon)
- 1/2 tomato sliced thin
- 3 ounces shredded cheddar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon pickle brine
- Pickle Slices
- 1 cup spinach sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook pizza crust.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook until browned. Drain excess grease and transfer to a bowl.
- Add ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper and stir to coat meat.
- Spread a light coating of ketchup over pre-cooked pizza crust. Top with beef, onion, bacon, tomato slices and cheese.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make mayo sauce by combining mayonnaise, mustard and pickle brine in small bowl.
- When pizza is done, top with pickles and drizzle with mayo sauce. Top with spinach and serve.
Nutritional information will vary based on the pizza dough you use. Estimate given is based on 1 pound of gluten free pizza dough.