‘m really excited to have Jennifer from the Crockpot Gourmet with us again today to share another easy and healthy dish! In case you missed it, her sneaky Veggie Breakfast Bites are the perfect solution to your morning rush. You’ve got to love a breakfast that can be made ahead and travels well.
She is back with another kid friendly and portable recipe, BBQ Chicken Quinoa Bites!
These are perfect for trips or school lunches!
BBQ Chicken Quinoa Bites
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken or other leftover cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon All Purpose BBQ seasoning gluten free
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- BBQ sauce for dipping gluten free
- Grease a 24 cup mini muffin pan very well with nonstick spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together eggs and add to medium sized bowl with quinoa
- Add in remaining ingredients (except BBQ sauce) and fold stir until everything is well combined
- Carefully spoon the mixture evenly into muffin tins
- Bake for 20 minutes or until eggs are set and muffins are slightly browned on top
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before removing muffins to a cooling rack
- Place cooled muffins in freezer bag if desired and place in freezer
- To heat: defrost in microwave for about 1 minute and then cook on high for 30 seconds or until heated through