This Broccoli Spinach Quinoa soup is packed with nutrition and so delicious. You can easily make it vegan by substituting Daiya shreds for the cheese.
Since I’ve always lived in a warm climate, I don’t make soup all that often.
I suppose part of this is learned.
I don’t recall my mother ever serving soup for a meal. Maybe once or twice when someone was really sick?
Although it is rare, now and then I will get the urge for a comforting bowl of soup.
If I am going to take the time to make soup (and turn the AC down), you better believe that it is going to be healthy and delicious.
This Broccoli Spinach Quinoa Soup fits the bill.
The title says it all about how healthy this soup is. But shhh….don’t tell the family if they aren’t quinoa lovers. It is so packed with flavor that they will never guess that there is quinoa in there.
I love how one little bowl can be so filled with plant-based goodness!
I should mention that this is a pretty thick soup, because that is how I like soup. If you prefer your soup thinner, just add additional vegetable broth until you reach the desired consistency.
If You Like This Broccoli Spinach Quinoa Soup You May Also Like:
Broccoli Spinach Quinoa Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 5 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 russet potato peeled and chopped
- 6 ounces Spinach
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon sea salt more or less to taste
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese or Daiya cheddar shreds
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pan. Add onion, salt and pepper and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until tender. Add quinoa and garlic and stir for one to two minutes. Add in vegetable broth, broccoli and potato. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 35 minutes. Remove cover and add spinach, tahini, salt and peppers. Cook until spinach is wilted.
- Remove from heat, and allow to cool. When cool enough to handle, transfer to a blender and puree in batches. Return to the pan and heat to low, add cheese and cook until melted.