Looking for a delicious lunch that is high in protein, packed with nutrition, and also delicious? These Healthy Buffalo Chicken Wraps are a fabulous option!
How is 2014 going?
They say that most people break their New Year's resolutions within the first seven days of the year. I didn't really make "resolutions" this year (too all or nothing for me), but I do have quite a few goals. Other than the fact that accomplishing them all is completely unrealistic given all that I have going on (hello, mobile baby!), I do feel pretty good about where I am at with several of them.
I had a bumpy start the first couple days of productivity (did I mention I had a mobile baby?) and have finally realized that I have to be more realistic about what I can get done. (Don't laugh but I bought a smaller notebook for my daily to do list so I at least have a shot at finishing it.) Oh, and I need help.
One thing that I am especially proud of is how I've been eating. After losing 40 pounds last year, I'd like to lose another 25ish this year. Sadly, the back half of the year found me way off track. After a conversation with a good friend over the weekend, I realized that how I was eating was impacting more than just my stalled weight loss.
So, with an eye towards nutrition, not deprivation, I've gotten serious about eating for energy. Green juice, wheat grass, lots of veggies and of course quinoa have made all the difference in the world in how I've been feeling.
You know what else I'm proud of? I just finished my latest e-book, Quinoa Strong! It is a follow up to last year's super successful Quinoa Fit, and I gotta say I think it is my best book yet.
Speaking of staying on track, sometimes one of the best ways is to find healthier recipes you enjoy that feel insanely indulgent. (This is especially true if you are just starting out with healthy eating.) I'm excited to have Stephanie here today from Life Tastes Like Food here with us today to share an easy and delicious recipe!
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Wraps
Buffalo Chicken & Quinoa Wraps
- 2 Whole wheat tortillas or gluten free
- 1 Chicken breast grilled and sliced into strips
- 1/2-3/4 Cups cooked quinoa depending on how much you want in your wrap!
- 1/4 Red onion thinly sliced
- 2 Handfuls of spinach
- 2 Tablespoons of your favorite buffalo hot sauce plus a little extra for garnish
- Blue cheese dressing
- Crumbled blue cheese for garnish
- Toss quinoa and chicken strips in 2 tablespoon of hot sauce until fully coated. Use as much/less hot sauce as you’d like here. Some like it lighter and others like it spicier so it’s up to you!
- Warm the whole wheat tortillas up in a pan or in the microwave. Then place a handful of spinach down the middle of each tortilla.
- Divide the chicken/quinoa mixture in two and spread on top of each spinach layer. Then add the red onions.
- When ready to eat, drizzle some blue cheese dressing and extra hot sauce over the chicken/quinoa/onion mixture.
- Top off with crumbled blue cheese, and then roll it up!
- Roll out, roll out, you’re done! Chow down.