These Cheesy Black Bean & Quinoa Stuffed Avocados are a healthy and delicious snack! It makes a great side dish or even breakfast.
Who doesn’t love a warm cheesy appetizer or snack?
I know that I do!
Through in something that won’t leave me feeling sluggish and I’m in heaven.
Today’s Cheesy Black Bean & Quinoa Stuffed Avocados only feel indulgent. Packed with nutrients they fuel you up without weighting you down.
And of course, they are gluten free thanks to the use of Udi’s Gluten Free bread in making the breadcrumb topping. (Recipe in the notes.)
I’ve been gluten free for a while now. Though there are occasions where it feels challenging, for the most part it has become easy.
Recipes like this are key. I’m a big fan of appetizers (even appetizers for dinner), but so many of them are packed with gluten. I adore the breadcrumb topping here – it provides just the right touch of texture.
Make sure you visit Udi’s Gluten Free for more great gluten free recipes. (The collection they have is amazing and from many of my favorite Food Bloggers.)
Join the Community
Visit them Facebook
Learn more about living gluten free! Visit http://udisglutenfree.com/community
Cheesy Black Bean & Quinoa Stuffed Avocados
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup corn organic
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 2 scallions minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder optional
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese or Daiya
- 1/4 cup gluten free breadcrumbs see below
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine black beans, quinoa, corn, red pepper and scallions. Sprinkle with salt, chili powder and chipotle chili powder and stir until combined. Drizzle with olive oil and lime juice and stir.
- Halve and pit avocados. Score avocados, being careful not to cut the skin. Remove flesh and add to bowl. Stir well, lightly mashing as you go.
- Divide mixture between avocados. Top with cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Cook for 10 to 12 minutes and serve warm.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Udi’s Gluten Free. The opinions and text are all mine.