This Gluten Free Cranberry Bread is the perfect bread for your holiday table. Tart cranberries and citrus peel pair perfectly to create a sweet party in your mouth!
My house is buzzing with energy right now. I’m guessing that for most of you with kids it is the same.
I’m always so busy this time of year, but this year I’ve been making sure that I take time to enjoy the little things.
It’s amazing how just starting out my day talking to the boys, snuggling and reading for an hour or so can set the tone for a great day.
I’ve got them set up building Legos and drawing on the bar in the kitchen, so even when I’m working they aren’t far away. As exhausted as I’ve been during this pregnancy the one thing that keeps me going is my boys. Their energy is infectious!
We’ve been having lots of fun with kitchen projects including today’s Cranberry and Quinoa Bread.
This is a fun recipe for kids to help with! My boys got a kick out of dumping raw cranberries into the pan and then seeing them transformed into a bread topping. We had a big reveal when the bread was done and it was time to flip it over.
My parents loved this too, but not because they were excited by me dumping a loaf of bread over. They’ve enjoyed eating it for the last couple of days. They like it heated in the oven with a little butter and swear it gets better each day.
I know its a crazy time right now – I hope you all are finding the time to enjoy!
Gluten Free Cranberry BreadIf
Gluten Free Cranberry Bread
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon gluten free flour blend or all-purpose
- 1 ½ cups gluten free flour blend OR 1 cup all purpose flour + ½ cup quinoa flour
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup almond milk or milk of choice
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 2/3 cup agave nectar
- ½ cup coconut oil melted (or canola oil)
- 2 eggs or flax eggs 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds + 6 tablespoons warm water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl combine cranberries, sugar, orange peel, lemon peel and flour. Toss until combined. Grease a 9 x 5 pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Spray parchment paper. Add cranberry mixture to the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and seas salt. Make a well in the center.
- In a small bowl whisk together milk and lemon juice. Set aside for 5 minutes. If using flax eggs in place of eggs, combine 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds with 6 tablespoons warm water. Whisk and set aside. (Skip this step if using eggs.)
- Add milk mixture, cooked quinoa, agave nectar, melted coconut oil, and (flax) eggs to the well in the center of the dry ingredients. Whisk until just combined. Pour on top of the cranberry mixture.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out with moist crumbs. Allow to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Use a serrated knife to flatten the top of the bread. Invert on a plate and carefully remove parchment paper.