Are you looking for an easy, natural way to pamper yourself? Try this DIY Sea Salt Scrub! This simple skin-care treatment can be whipped up from ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen and takes no more than five minutes of your time. Not only will it help keep your skin looking soft and healthy, but you'll also get a refreshing burst of aromatherapy while scrubbing away the day's stresses. Get ready to surprise yourself with a beautiful glow after just one use!
Looking for a way to treat yourself and bring a little bit of luxury into your skin care routine?
Try this easy-to-make DIY Sea Salt Scrub!
This five-minute recipe is made with all-natural ingredients that you likely have on hand, like sea salt and essential oils.
Not only will it leave your skin feeling silky soft, and refreshed, but the delightfully relaxing aromatherapy will help you unwind after a long day.
So indulge yourself in a spa treatment without ever leaving home - you'll be glowing from head to toe in no time!
- Epsom Salts: Epsom salts are made up of the naturally occurring mineral compound magnesium sulfate. They are known to have numerous health benefits and can help relieve stress, pain, inflammation, and tension.
- Coarse Sea Salt: Coarse sea salt is a natural unrefined form of sodium chloride that is great for use in beauty treatments due to its high mineral content. It can help nourish the skin while also providing a gentle exfoliating action.
- Carrier Oil of Choice: Carrier oils are used to dilute essential oils and carry them into the skin. Some great options include sweet almond, jojoba, coconut oil and grapeseed oil.
- Basil Essential Oil: Basil essential oil has a refreshing, sweet and herbal aroma that is uplifting and energizing. It can help promote mental clarity and alertness as well as reduce stress and anxiety.
- Grapefruit Essential Oil: Grapefruit essential oil has a fresh, citrusy scent that can help to lift moods and encourage creativity. It also helps to boost energy levels and improve focus.
- Juniper Essential Oil: Juniper essential oil is known for its anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties. It can help to detoxify the body, reduce tension, and improve circulation.
- Lemon Essential Oil: Lemon essential oil has a fresh, citrusy scent that helps to uplift moods and brighten up any space. This oil can also help to cleanse and purify the air, and reduce stress and anxiety.
- Oregano Essential Oil (optional): Oregano essential oil is an optional addition to this recipe. It has a warm, spicy scent that helps to stimulate circulation, improve immunity, and aid digestion.
Tips and Tricks
• Use both Epsom and sea salt for a balanced effect.
• The essential oils that I used in this blend were to achieve a detox effect. Choose the best oils according to how you want to use this salt scrub. For example, lavender, chamomile, and blue tansy are great for a nighttime shower. Or, use bright citrus oils like orange and grapefruit if you want to use this scrub to help you wake up in the morning.
• You can also adjust the essential oil amounts to make the blend more or less strong.
The Quality of The Essential Oils You Use Matters!
After looking closely at the quality, purity, and ethics of so many companies, I've fallen in love with both the company and their oils. They have a large line of organic oils and are serious about safety. Every single batch is tested to ensure purity!
Read my full Plant Therapy Review for why they are my go-to company.
More DIY Recipes to Try
- Honey Coconut Sugar Scrub
- DIY Exfoliating Face Scrub
- Orange Cedarwood Body Butter
- DIY Stress Away Milk Bath
- Candy Cane Sugar Scrub
DIY Sea Salt Scrub
- Combine Epsom salts, sea salt and carrier oil in a glass bowl. Add essential oils and stir well to combine.
- Transfer to an oil-safe container.
- I recommend dry skin brushing prior to getting in the shower. With a dry brush, gently stroke the skin, moving in the direction of your heart.
- To use, massage in a circular motion and allow to sit on the skin for 10 minutes.