This DIY Detoxifying Body Scrub is a great way to help your body detox naturally. Learn How to Make a Detoxifying Body Scrub as well as the benefits.
Detoxifying my body has been a major focus of mine this year.
This started when I read that when your liver is congested, it can stand in the way of weight loss.
There are many different things that I’ve done, which I will share below. But one of the most recent additions to my detox routine is this DIY Detoxifying Body Scrub.
This Detox Shower Scrub is packed with essential oils that assist the body with detoxifying.
I was a little scared of smell.
Because…Oregano. But it isn’t bad at all.
I probably wouldn’t use it before a date with hubby, but I honestly haven’t noticed the smell lingering on my skin.
That said you can always leave the oregano off.
- 1 The Quality of The Essential Oils You Use Matters!
- 2 If you like this DIY Detoxifying Body Scrub You May Also Like These Recipes:
- 3 How To Make a DIY Detoxifying Body Scrub
The Quality of The Essential Oils You Use Matters!
After looking closely at the quality, purity, and ethics of so many companies, I’ve fallen in love with both the company and their oils. They have a large line of organic oils and are serious about safety. Every single batch is tested to ensure purity!
Read my full Plant Therapy Review for why they are my go-to company.
Other Natural Ways to Detox
- Bentonite clay is made of aged volcanic ash. It is a very powerful clay that can absorb and remove toxins, heavy metals, and chemicals. Experts recommend a tablespoon of liquid bentonite in a cup of water for detox.
- Broccoli sprouts provide your body with glucoraphanin, which creates sulforaphane in the body. A study reported by Time Magazine reported that this helps the body detoxify from environmental pollutants.
Ground Flax Seeds
- Try adding a tablespoon of ground flax seeds to your diet daily. It can help to improve your elimination of toxins.
- Including Dandelion Root, Burdock Root or Milk Thistle
Epsom Soda Baths
- Add one cup of baking soda and one cup of Epsom salts to your bath. You can also add in detoxifying essential oils, like the ones used in this DIY Detoxifying Body Scrub. When adding oils to your bath, it is best to dilute them in a tablespoon of carrier oil first.
- Try to break a sweat every day. Sweating is a way that the body rids itself of toxins. If you can’t exercise, try using a sauna.
- This is one of the most powerful detox supplements around. I take it daily.
- Chlorella is a rich source of vitamin K. It has been used to detoxify heavy metals such a mercury.
Other Foods That Support Detox
- Avocado, artichoke, beets, garlic, green tea, lemon, and turmeric all support detoxification.
If you like this DIY Detoxifying Body Scrub You May Also Like These Recipes:
- Honey Coconut Sugar Scrub
- DIY Exfoliating Face Scrub
- Orange Cedarwood Body Butter
- DIY Stress Away Milk Bath
- Candy Cane Sugar Scrub
How To Make a DIY Detoxifying Body Scrub
- 8 oz Epsom Salts
- 2 oz Coarse Sea Salt
- 2 oz Carrier Oil of Choice
- 20 drops Basil Essential Oil
- 35 drops Grapefruit Essential Oil
- 15 drops Juniper Essential Oil
- 35 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 15 drops Oregano Essential Oil (optional)
Combine Epsom salts, sea salt and carrier oil in a glass bowl. Add essential oils and stir well to combine.
Transfer to an oil-safe container.
I recommend dry skin brushing prior to getting in the shower. With a dry brush, gently stroke the skin, moving in the direction of your heart.
To use, massage in a circular motion and allow to sit on the skin for 10 minutes.