This DIY Hardwood Floor Cleaner with Essential Oils is the best way to care for your hardwood floors naturally. It will leave your home looking and smelling fabulous!
Have you ever tried a DIY Hardwood Floor Cleaner with Essential Oils?
I hear all the time from readers that while they enjoy reading all of my DIY posts, they just don't have the time to make them.
Believe me, I get it.
I have been guilty of this myself.
Then one day I stopped to read the label of a cleaner that had been marketed as "natural," and was shocked to discover that I had been a victim of greenwashing.
I was so disappointed in myself.
I read a lot, and lately, I have been particularly interested in the topic of aging well.
Some of you may not be there yet, but at 45 I am starting to see some signs of aging that frankly, have scared me a bit. My vision has taken a nosedive, after holding steady for almost 30 years. The backs of my hands are looking older than my age.
One book that particularly resonated with me was Younger: A Breakthrough Program to Reset Your Genes, Reverse Aging, and Turn Back the Clock 10 Years.
Ten years?! Yes, please!
I never really gave much thought to how the toxins in my home could contribute to some of those nasty sides of aging. So imagine my surprise when I reached chapter five and discovered that it was all about reducing the toxins in your environment.
The author points out that whether it is low-level exposure to mold in the home, synthetic skin-care products, or pollution, no one is immune to toxins.
The Quality of The Essential Oils You Use Matters!
After looking closely at the quality, purity, and ethics of so many companies, I've fallen in love with both the company and their oils. They have a large line of organic oils and are serious about safety. Every single batch is tested to ensure purity!
Read my full Plant Therapy Review for why they are my go-to company.
The reality is that genetics accounts for only 10% of disease. The other 90% is the environment which we live in.
Having lost a sorority sister to cancer recently and watching another friend my age battle cancer, this reality rocked me.
While we will never rid our lives of toxins completely, we can do our part to minimize our exposure and that of our family.[clickToTweet tweet="DIY Floor Cleaner with Essential Oils #essentialoils" quote="DIY Floor Cleaner with Essential Oils #essentialoils"]
So, I am back to making all of my cleaners. I timed it, and it takes me all of 20 minutes a month! To me, that is well worth it!
I also like to keep this DIY Hardwood Floor Cleaner with Essential Oils in a glass spray bottle for quick touch ups. These Empty Amber Glass Spray Bottles are the best glass bottles for the job. I have tried several different companies, but the sprayers on these bottles work the best for me.
When I do the whole floors, I do use a bucket because studies have shown that the disinfecting power of vinegar increases with the temperature of water.
DIY Hardwood Floor Cleaner with Essential Oils
- ½ cup distilled white vinegar
- 1-gallon warm water
- 10 drops Citrus Burst
Combine ingredients in a large bucket and stir with a clean mop to combine. Mop floors, being careful to avoid using too much water. Discard immediately.
Tip: If you don’t have Citrus Burst, use 6 drops of Sweet Orange, and 4 drops Peppermint Essential Oil.
Other DIY Cleaning Recipes You May Want to Try:
- Dryer Balls with Essential Oils
- DIY All Purpose Kitchen Cleaner
- Furniture Polish
- DIY Lavender Laundry Detergent
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe