Making your own lip balm is a fun and easy way to keep your lips healthy and hydrated. Plus, you can customize the recipe to include your favorite oils and flavors. Read on to learn how to make DIY lip balm using beeswax, coconut oil, and essential oils.
I've always been prone to dry lips. Because of this, I stash lip balm all over the house.
There is one by the bed, another by my computer, one in the family room and one in the kitchen. And of course, there is one in my purse.
Because all three of my kids also have dry lips from time to time, I keep them in their own stash as well.
As you might imagine, we go through a LOT of lip balm.
If your family uses as much as mine does, you are going to want to try this DIY Lip Balm with Essential Oils.
It is so simple to make and is a fabulous was to keep your lip balm stock where it needs to be without breaking the bank.
I used Sweet Orange oil because it is a scent that the whole family would like. (Boys included.) Feel free to switch out the oil if you like.
Just steer clear of phototoxic essential oils and of course, be conscious of which oils are safe for children if that is a concern.
The Quality of The Essential Oils You Use Matters!
After looking closely at the quality, purity, and ethics of so many companies, I've fallen in love with both the company and their oils. They have a large line of organic oils and are serious about safety. Every single batch is tested to ensure purity!
Read my full Plant Therapy Review for why they are my go-to company.
Ingredients to Make Homemade Lip Balm
- Beeswax: This helps lip balm to hold its shape and gives it a firm texture
- Coconut oil: This natural oil is full of antioxidants and hydrating properties, making it perfect for chapped lips
- Cocoa butter: Adds moisture and nourishment to lips
- Vitamin E oil: Helps to heal dry, cracked lips
- Honey: a natural humectant, meaning it helps skin to retain moisture
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil: This oil has a light citrus scent that is amazing! This oil is both relaxing and uplifting and is kid-friendly.
If You Like This DIY Lip Balm with Essential Oils You May Like These DIY Recipes:
- DIY Exfoliating Face Scrub
- Orange Cedarwood Body Butter
- Insanely Easy DIY Purifying Clay Mask
- DIY Hair Mask for Damaged Hair
- DIY Face Mask for Red Skin
The following are affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I make a small commission at no additional charge to you.
Plant Therapy is my go-to brand of essential oils, and I think you will love them as much as I do!
A great way to get started with them is by joining their Oil of the Month Club.
DIY Lip Balm with Essential Oils
- ¾ ounce beeswax
- 1 ounce coconut oil
- ¼ ounce cocoa butter
- 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 40 drops Sweet Orange essential oil
- In a small saucepan over medium-lowlow heat, combine beeswax, coconut oil, cocoa butter, Vitamin E and honey.
- Stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and add Sweet Orange oil, stirring well to combine. Quickly transfer to lip balm tins and allow to cool. Cover.
I love DIY and this seems so easy to make. I'll need to try this one, now to pick out my oils!
YUM! This is great. I can just imagine the feeling of my lips which get chapped so easily.
I am in love with essential oils! I would love to create my own natural lip balms with it!
Approximately how many tins will this recipe make? Can it be put into lip balm tubes?
Love all of your essential oils DIY recipes. Thank you so much for sharing your wealth of information with all of us.