These Gluten Free Chocolate Hazelnut Muffins are a delicious way to start the day! There is no sacrificing flavor with these healthier muffins.
We had one of those moments at our house the other day.
You know the one where your kid's think they are getting over on you, and you secretly know that you are the one getting over on them.
They were having these Gluten Free Chocolate Hazelnut Muffins for breakfast and weren't quite sure why I was letting them have chocolate so early in the day.
Especially when we were about to start their school work, and I'm always talking about how what they eat impacts their performance.
I just kept quiet and didn't let them know that these muffins had bananas, quinoa, coconut oil and chia seeds in them and while a bit of an indulgence certainly wasn't junk food. They aren't even that calorically dense if you compare them to what you would get at a coffee shop.
And I didn't point out that while there was chocolate, it wasn't very much. Just enough to give these muffins a hint of chocolate hazelnut goodness.
As much as I love seeing them eat healthier foods, I also love seeing them happy. These Chocolate Hazelnut Muffins were a win all around at our house.
If You Like These Gluten Free Chocolate Hazelnut Muffins You May Also Like:
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Walnut Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Gluten Free Walnut Pear Coffee Cake Muffins
- Gluten Free Carrot Quinoa Muffins with Cinnamon Drizzle
Gluten Free Chocolate Hazelnut Muffins
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar or sugar of choice
- ¼ cup Muscovado sugar or brown sugar
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 large eggs or flax eggs - 2T ground flax seeds + 6T warm water
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- ¾ cup milk dairy or non-dairy
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas peeled and mashed
- ¼ cup chocolate hazelnut spread purchased or homemade
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a twelve-cup muffin tin or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine. Add chia seeds and cooked quinoa and stir until it is coated.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs. Add in coconut oil, milk and vanilla. Stir until combined and then stir in mashed bananas. Add to dry mixture and stir until just wet.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tins. Top each muffin with a teaspoon of chocolate hazelnut spread and swirl with a toothpick.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until a toothpick place in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on a rack and then remove from the muffin tin and allow to continue to cool.
If You Like This Post You May Also Like: