I love simple, especially in the kitchen.
That hasn’t always been the case, but having three kids has encouraged me to simplify my life. Luckily, I’ve found that simple in the kitchen can still taste extraordinary. Today, I’ve got a simple recipe for you inspire Kroger’s Taste of Italy program with Bertolli®.
This program is going on between now and October 11th at your local Kroger. It offers shoppers simple but delicious was to use the classic Bertolli® taste for a range of culinary uses.
To be honest, when I headed to Kroger I wasn’t completely sure what I was going to make with my Bertolli® Pasta sauce. I was in the mood for something simple that I could have on the table in a matter of minutes.
I decided to make these Tuscan-inspired Gluten Free Margherita Sandwiches.
Pasta sauce on a sandwich? Oh, yes!
Trust me, it was incredible. As in, I could eat this every day and be happy. My family loved the twist on a classic Margherita Pizza, and I loved that I had a delicious meal on the table so quickly.
Make sure you heat to Kroger and check out their Taste of Italy program! And to learn more about how Bertolli® can help you make fast and delicious Tuscan inspired meals, make sure you visit their website.
Gluten Free Margherita Sandwiches
- 8 slices gluten-free bread
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Bertolli® Tomato & Basil Sauce or Olive Oil & Garlic
- 6 ounces fresh whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 1 to mato sliced
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar see note
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Brush the oil mixture on one side of the bread. Flip the bread over. Put 1/2 tablespoon of Bertolli® on the other side of the bread. Top with four slices of the bread with mozzarella cheese, tomato, basil and Balsamic Vinegar. Place remaining bread on top, oil side up.
- Grill for about 5 minutes per side, until the cheese is melted in the outside is crusty and brown. Serve warm.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bertolli®. The opinions and text are all mine.