I am wild about truffles, and these Gluten-Free Truffles are pure bliss! Making truffles may not be something you’ve done before, but it isn’t as labor-intensive as it sounds. This is a recipe that even the most novice cook can accomplish with ease.
Today’s post is sponsored by Barlean’s, Hamilton Beach, and Rhodes Bread as well as Crispy Green, The Spice House, and PackIt. However, all opinions are my own. #ad #Back2School
I would consider all three of my kids to be picky eaters, but Skye is the pickiest of them all.
Until she was 6, she would barely eat anything other than pizza. I am talking, willing to sit through a meal at a restaurant and eat nothing kind of picky. (Even if there were plenty of kid-friendly options on the menu – like chicken nuggets and mac n cheese.)
Fortunately, she is getting better! (She even ate Eggplant Lasagna this week, which pretty much left me speechless.)
But I still worry about her nutrition. Since she won’t take vitamins without a lot of fuss (even ones that look like candy), I have to get a little tricky if I want to avoid a struggle.
These Gluten-Free Truffles hide a little secret that she doesn’t need to know about. I’ve added Barlean’s Omega Pals to them.
Omega-3’s are key for growing brains and bodies, and Barlean’s Omega Pals are a seriously delicious way for kids to add them to their diets. (Adults too! You can’t make these for the kids and not sample one yourself!)
I love knowing that she is getting the nutrients that she needs in her dessert!
#Back2School Recipe InspirationIt’s hard to believe it’s already time to be talking about going back to school! It seems like summer just flew right by! To celebrate and help get you ready for this busy time, we’ve got loads of great back to school recipe ideas for you, along with an awesome giveaway. For more amazing #Back2School recipes, please follow our #Back2School Pinterest board. Be sure to also check out my fellow bloggers participating all week long for more delicious dishes! Blogghetti, Bowl Me Over, Cindy’s Recipes and Writings, Cheese Curd In Paradise, Cooking With Carlee, Doodlecraft, Everyday Eileen, Family Around the Table, Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks, Juggling Act Mama, Karen’s Kitchen Stories, Mandatory Mooch, Palatable Pasttime, The Schmidty Wife, and Wendy Polisi.
#Back2School GiveawayThe giveaway includes the following prizes:
- Omega Pal’s Prize Pack from Barleans
- 1 item (winner’s choice from featured products) from Hamilton Beach
- Cookbook and coupons from Rhodes Bread
- 4 six-pack bags of Crispy Fruit snacks (mixed flavors) from Crispy Green
- Best Sellers Collection Gift Box from The Spice House
- Freezable Lunch Bag + Mod Lunch Bento from PackIt
You May Also Like:
- Gluten Free German Chocolate Cupcakes are rich and inviting. No one will know that this is a short cut recipe!
- Peppermint Ice Cream is a delicious treat that the whole family will go wild over!
- Hand down, these Ice Cream Cupcakes are my favorite dessert of all time. I make them for my birthday every year!
Snack time just got a whole lot more enjoyable thanks to these delicious Gluten-Free Truffles. You will fall in love with the swoony sweetness! This is a treat that both kids and adults can agree on!
- 1/4 cup Swerve Confection Sugar or confection sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 ounces milk chocolate
- 3 tablespoons Barleans Strawberry Omega Pals optional
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For coating: chopped pecans or macadamia nuts cocoa powder, grated chocolate, shredded unsweetened coconut
- Combine sugar, heavy cream, butter, and sea salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Reduce to low. Whisk in cocoa powder. Add chopped chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts and is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in strawberry omega pals and vanilla.
- Pour into a shallow dish and chill for 3 hours.
- Using a warm dry spoon or small cookie drop, scoop the chocolate mixture and roll into balls.
- Coat with nuts, cocoa powder, grated chocolate, or unsweetened coconut.