Don’t you love those times in your life when you are genuinely proud of yourself?
It doesn’t happen to me all that often because I tend to expect way too much of myself. But right now, I’m really proud.
I know this isn’t a big deal for many of you, but I just completed the fifth week of working out five days a week. Without. Missing. One. Workout.
No make ups on the weekend, no days where I even questioned if I was going to do it. I just did it. Even on the days where my thyroid was wonky and I was exhausted beyond belief. And even though the scale hasn’t been moving as quickly as I’d like. (READ: Like a snail. Two pounds in five weeks.)
This is a HUGE mental breakthrough for me, and I feel like I’ve finally accomplished something that I’ve never been able to do as a mother: made fitness a part of my routine.
I did month 2 of Cha Lean Extreme for the first month and then treated myself to a new series after four weeks. Right now I’m doing Kettlebell Kickboxing: Scorcher Series. I gotta say, three minutes in I hated it. But now that I made it through the first week, I’m in love.
You may think that celebrating with pasta is a bad thing. But this isn’t just any pasta.
With just 328 calories and 8 Weight Watchers points a serving, this is a healthy indulgence with absolutely no guilt!
Linguine with Spicy Tomato Cream Sauce, Olives and Basil
- 8 ounces gluten free linguine I use Ancient Harvest quinoa pasta
- Olive oil spray
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 28 ounces fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 ounces seasoned goat cheese
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese shaved
- Spray a sauce pan well with olive oil. Add spinach and cook until almost wilted. Add garlic and cook for two minutes longer. Add fire roasted tomatoes, onion powder, red pepper, salt, black pepper and simmer for 10 minutes. Add in goat cheese and cook until melted, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Toss tomato sauce with pasta. Transfer to serving plate and top with olives, basil and cheese.
Recipe NotesServings 4, Serving Size 389g, Calories 328, Fat 3.7g, Carbohydrates 64.5g, Protein 7.6g, Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 726mg, Potassium 231mg, Fiber 8.3mg, Sugars 9g, WW Pts 8