If I had to pick a theme for my life right now, it would be simplicity.
I have spent most of my life going overboard and to be honest, it hasn’t always brought me happiness.
Right now, one of my biggest goals is to focus on the things that matter – time with family – and to simplify everything else.
I have to confess that many years, I’ve planned such ambitious holiday menus that I was so tired and cranky by the time the big day rolled around that I wasn’t able to enjoy a thing.
A few years, I might have even crossed over from cranky to angry. Why? Because everyone else was playing and having fun and I was on glued to the kitchen for the fourth day in a row.
This year, I am focusing on planning easy, delicious recipes that the whole family will love.
Today, I’m excited to share a perfectly simple recipe for the holidays – Mashed Potatoes Gratin.
Who doesn’t like mashed potatoes?
To keep things simple, I’ve used Idaho Spuds, which offers five downright delicious flavors that all make great holiday sides.
GO TO YOUR HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS, THEN COME TO OURS TO RECOVER
Right now, you can enter to win a luxury getaway to Shore Lodge on beautiful Payette Lake in McCall, Idaho. Idaho Spuds would like to invite you to go to your home for the holidays and then come to theirs to recover! Enter HERE.
Are you simplifying your holidays this year? How?
Mashed Potatoes Gratin
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 packages Three Cheese Idaho Spuds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 ounce Gruyere grated
- 1 ounce Parmesan grated
- Paprika for garnish.
- Preheat oven to 350 minutes.
- Bring vegetable broth to a boil. Place Three Cheese Idaho Spuds in a large bowl and carefully pour Idaho Spuds over them. Stir to combine. Stir in butter, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a baking dish or individual baking dishes. Top with cheese and garnish with paprika.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Serve warm.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.