This Massaged Kale Salad is allergy friendly and a great easy to make vegan meal! Packed with nutrition, it is is the perfect way to fuel your day.
I am thrilled today to announce the release of Super Seeds: The Complete Guide to Cooking with Power-Packed Chia, Quinoa, Flax, Hemp & Amaranth (Superfood Series), by my friend Kim Lutz.
Kim is the blogger behind Welcoming Kitchen, where she shares delicious allergy friendly recipes
Super Seeds is an exciting new cookbook that covers 5 tiny powerhouse seeds in a single book. The book is allergy friendly and perfect for vegans and vegans and has many gluten free recipes as well. With 75 recipes you will find everything from salads to soups, entrees, breads, muffins and desserts.
In addition to recipes, Kim explores the amazing nutrient profiles of each seed as well as the benefits of eating them.
After spending an afternoon with the book, I found the recipes well written and easy to follow. Some that I can’t wait to try include the Enchilada Casserole, Zucchini Bread, Kale Chips and Blueberry Quinoa Salad.
If You Like this Massaged Kale Salad You May Also Like:
Massaged Kale Salad
- 4 cups kale center ribs and stems removed, and torn into 1- to 2-inch pieces or use 4 cups baby kale
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds shelled
- 1 tomato chopped
- ½ avocado cut into medium dice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine kale and lemon juice.
- Massage the kale with your bare hands for several minutes, until the leaves are much more tender. (If you’re using baby kale, you can massage the leaves just enough to coat with lemon juice, as they are already tender.)
- Set aside for 1 hour or longer.
- In a dry skillet, toast hemp seeds over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Toss together all ingredients and serve.
If you are interested in healthy, nutrient dense and delicious recipes, I highly recommend Kim's book! You can get it on Amazon.
Reprinted with permission from Super Seeds © 2014 by Kim Lutz, Sterling Publishing Co. Photography by Bill Milne