There are many challenges when it comes to maintaining a gluten free lifestyle. One that I’ve found to be the most difficult is entertaining. So many gluten free recipes require extra steps to come out right and that can add up to a lot of extra time in the kitchen.
That is one reason I was so excited to hear about McCormick Gluten-Free Recipe Mix, which takes the guesswork out of blending multiple spices. Not only are these seasoning blends made without gluten, they are also free of artificial colors and flavors and contain no MSG.
I was lucky enough to get to test the seasonings and create a party plan of my own using them. The theme: A Mexican Fiesta!
But of course, I didn’t stick to a traditional foods. That’s too easy. Today I have a unique menu that both kids and adults will enjoy.
I start with Cheesy Quinoa Snack Bites with Spicy Lime Dipping Sauce. I love these because they are perfect for picky kids (like all three of mine!) and then you can add in the dipping sauce to keep them interesting for the adults.
Cheesy Quinoa Snack Bites
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup quinoa flour or gluten free flour of choice
- 2/3 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package McCormick Gluten Free Taco Seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese cubed
- Coconut or Avocado oil for cooking
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, flour, black beans, onion, and taco seasoning. Add eggs and stir well.
- Form mixture into small balls around cubed cheese.
- Heat oil over medium heat. Carefully add snack bites to hot oil. Cook about 5 minutes per side, until crispy and lightly browned. Drain on paper towels. Serve with Spicy Lime Dipping Sauce if desired.
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt (or vegan sour cream)
- 1 jalapeño or s seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, diced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Next, we have a fun little appetizer – Mexican Quinoa Tartlets! These fun little appetizers are surprisingly easy to make!
Mexican Quinoa Tartlets & A GF Fiesta!
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 to mato seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeño seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 package McCormick Gluten Free Chili Seasoning
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese or Daiya shredded
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese or Daiya shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut tortillas into round pieces to fit into mini muffin cups. Spray cups well. Heat tortillas and press into cups. In a medium bowl, combine tomato, onion, jalapeño, black beans and quinoa. Add salsa and chili seasoning and stir well. Spoon into tortillas and top with cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly. If desired, top with additional salsa, Greek yogurt or sour cream. Serve warm.
Lastly, we have Southwest Steak and Corn Kabobs. You can find that recipe here. What better way to end your Mexican Fiesta than steak marinaded in taco seasoning? Add in grilled veggies and you’ve got a healthy meal that is sure to be a crowd pleaser. (And yes, you could serve this over quinoa if you like – better yet, make taco seasoned quinoa by cooking your quinoa in the taco seasoning.)
Get rid of the gluten, but not the flavor with McCormick Gluten-Free Recipe Mixes! Visit the Recipe Collection at allrecipes.com to discover more flavorful gluten free eating and meal ideas!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of McCormick Gluten-Free Recipe Mix. The opinions and text are all mine.