This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #InsideOutMovieNight #CollectiveBias
Today, I made you dinner.
Because we are having family movie night!
Around our house, we take our movie nights seriously.
For the last two and a half years, you could say I have been a bit fanatical about them.
Until the last month or so, the idea of taking Skye to a theater was more than a little stressful. But, that doesn’t mean I want my boys to miss out.
So, I’ve made up for this by going all it with dinner and dessert movie nights.
Dinner, a dessert and even snacks .
One movie that we are eagerly awaiting the release of is Inside Out.
Right now if you pre-order Inside Out (or any other movie for that matter), you will receive a $5 Target Gift Card. (I don’t know about you but I could always use a little extra to spend at Target.)
Target makes it easy to pre-order because you can order the movie online and pick it up in the store. When you purchase the DVD or Blu-Ray at Target, you receive 20 minutes of exclusive bonus content and deleted scenes.
I love buying our DVDs from Target because it is a one-stop-shop for all your movie night needs. If you haven’t checked out their grocery section lately – even if your store isn’t a full grocery store – prepare to be amazed.
We love to do chicken burrito bowls for our movie nights. They are a dish that each member of the family can customize to their own taste.
I like to get all the veggies chopped earlier in the day. When it is close to time to eat, I cook the rice. While the rice is cooking, I cook the chicken and make the sauce. Then I set everything out for everyone to make their own bowls.
See how easy it is to put together?
Chicken Burrito Bowls with Garlic Lime Sauce
- 1 package Archer Farms Cilantro Rice
- 1 package Simply Balanced Gluten Free Chicken Breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Market Pantry Taco Seasoning
- 1 package Simply Balanced Pinto Beans
- 8 ounces Market Pantry shredded cheese
- 1 to mato chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- For topping: Simply Balanced Salsa and Garlic Lime Sauce
- Garlic Lime Sauce
- 1/2 cup Market Pantry Sour Cream Greek Yogurt works too!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl drizzle chicken breast with olive oil and toss with taco seasoning to coat. Cook in a skillet over medium heat until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from the pan. Add pinto beans to the pan and cook until heated through.
- Divide rice between bowls. Top with chicken breast, pinto beans, cheese, tomato and avocado.
- Drizzle with Garlic Lime Sauce and Salsa.
- To make Garlic Lime Sauce, combine sour cream, garlic, lime juice, and zest in a small bowl. Whisk until combined.
Earlier in the day, the boys and I enjoy making dessert. Our current favorite – these sweet and salty popcorn treats.
They are so each to make.
Just melt the marshmallows butter and salt and stir in the popcorn. Transfer the mixture to a parchment lined pan and flatten out with another sheet of parchment paper.
Allow them to sit for about 20 minutes, then melt the milk chocolate. Drizzle it over the popcorn. (I use a baggie that I cut the tip off but you could just use a spoon if you want.) Repeat with the white chocolate.
Allow it to sit for an hour, or put it in the freezer for 15 minutes or so for the chocolate to harden.
Simple. Easy. Delicious.
Sweet & Salty Popcorn Treats with White and Dark Chocolate Drizzle
- 10 ounces Market Pantry Marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 9 cups popped salted popcorn
- 1 ounce Market Pantry Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 ounce Market Pantry White Chocolate Chips
- Line an 11 x 7 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium pan, combine marshmallows, butter and salt. Cook over medium heat until melted and smooth. Stir in popcorn. Transfer mixture to prepared pan and press with a second piece of parchment paper until pressed smooth.
- Heat a pot filled with 2 inches of water over medium high heat. Place chocolate chips in a metal bowl over the pot and stir until melted. Drizzle over popcorn treats. Repeat with white chocolate. Allow to sit for until hardened and then cut into squares. (You may also put them in the freezer to speed up the process.)