I received a copy of Laura Theodore’s Vegan-Ease in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
This Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake is an amazing vegan dessert recipe that the whole crowd will love! It is easy to make and so delicious!
I’m excited to have an amazing looking Pumpkin Spice Cheeze-Cake recipe to share with you today from Laura Theodore’s new book Vegan-Ease. First though, I’d like to share a little about the book with you.
When I opened the book, I couldn’t help but smile at the quote inside:
The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.” ~ Thomas A. Edison
I’ve always loved that! The book itself is broken up into three parts.
Part One is What Do I Eat and Why? This section goes over foods that may be new to you and offers advice on stocking your pantry.
Part Two moves on to the Recipes.
Those include: Fast Appetizers and Fun Beverages, Good Morning Eye Openers, Muffins, Quick Breads and Baked Delights (these are not gluten free for the most part), Simple Soups, Speedy Salads, Dressings and Sandwiches, Pastas and Pizzas, Pronto, The Main Dish Made Ease-y, Sunny Sides, Easiest.Desserts.Ever, Fancy Finishes and Stress-Free Holiday Recipes.
Part Three is The Menu, Please. This is a great section to help you plan your menus. It includes menus for various occasions and is a lovely addition to the book.
I love the wide variety of recipes and that there are photos of so many of them.
I wish that the book had more gluten free options, but then it doesn’t claim to be a gluten free book, so that is just a personal preference. (Besides, anyone who has been gluten free for long can easily make all of the recipes other than the baking recipes work.)
Several recipes caught my eye right away. They include:
- Kale, Lime and Almond Salad
- Carrot, Cabbage and Walnut Coleslaw
- Roasted Cauliflower Cutlets with Lemon-Caper Sauce
- Four Ingredient Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Cherry-Chocolate Taco Cookies
This is a great book for anyone new to the vegan lifestyle or who just wants to incorporate more plant-based meals into their diet.
Get your copy today! Vegan-Ease by Laura Theodore
Makes 8 to 10 servings / Ease Factor 3 This delicate yet rich-tasting cake makes the perfect dessert for any winter holiday event. Served with a generous dollop of Vegan Whipped Topping, this cheeze-cake will be dressed to impress!
- 1¾ cups cookie crumbs ginger cookies work well
- ¼ cup vegan margarine melted
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 16 ounces firm regular tofu
- 16 ounces pumpkin purée
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally coat a 10-inch round springform pan with vegan margarine.
- To make the crust, put 13⁄4 cups cookie crumbs and the melted margarine in a medium-sized bowl and mix with a fork until well combined. Pat the crumbs firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake the crust for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- To make the filling, put the rolled oats in a blender and process into coarse crumbs. Add the tofu, pumpkin purée, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and allspice and process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Remove the cake from the oven and place it on a wire rack. Cool for 15 minutes, then carefully run a table knife around the perimeter of the cake to ensure it does not stick to the side of the pan.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of cookie crumbs evenly over the top of the cake, gently pressing them into the top, so the crumbs adhere. Release the side of the springform pan to unmold.
- Cover the cake very loosely and refrigerate 3 to 24 hours before serving. Serve with Vegan Whipped Topping (page 201) on the side, if desired. Covered tightly and stored in the refrigerator, leftover cheeze-cake will keep for about 2 days.
Recipe © 2015 Laura Theodore, published by Jazzy Vegetarian, LLC, reprinted by permission.