I am a big believer that spring entertaining needs to be uncomplicated.
Delicious, of course. But I don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen getting ready for a special occasion. I’d much rather be outside enjoying the family and beautiful weather.
I’ve talked about how for Skye’s birthday week, one of my most important goals was to make things special without stressing myself out.
One dish that was a big hit was today’s ice cream cake.
Looks like I spend some time in the kitchen making it doesn’t it?
The truth is that it was one of the easiest things I did all week!
I used Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake, which I picked up in the freezer isle of Walmart for about $4.54.
It is moist, delicious and thaws in just 10 seconds. This means it is not only great for entertaining, it is also fantastic to keep on hand.
It is a great staple to have on hand!
I love this this recipe looks special but is so easy to make and has ingredients that the average person has in their kitchen! Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake is one of the easiest ways I know to make any occasion special.
Make sure you check out the Most Exciting Pound Cake Recipes on Pinterest.
Quick & Easy Chocolate Mint Ice Cream Cake
- 1 Family Size Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake
- 1 pint Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Sprinkles or nuts for topping
- Slice Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake into thin slices. Place half of the slices on serving plates and top with a scoop of ice cream. Top the ice cream with another slice of Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake.
- In the top of a double boiler (or a metal bowl on top of a saucepan), melt chocolate and coconut oil. Pour on top of cake slices. Top with sprinkles or nuts and freeze until firm.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson. The opinions and text are all mine.