have talked at great lengths about how my boys can rarely agree on anything when it comes to food. It is so bad that I tell Skye nearly daily that she is not going to be a picky eater, even though I’m pretty sure she has no clue what I am saying. (Sadly, it doesn’t seem to be working either.)
So when they do agree, and do so enthusiastically, it is cause for celebration.
I have been making them Cinnamon Bites for ages, and they love them every time. They are great on trips and an easy treat to have on hand.
When we decided to take the family gluten free, I was worried about how they would respond. Alex, especially, has a hard time when dishes change in any way. He drives me crazy quizzing me about everything being the same as last time before he will take his first bite of anything.
I debated even telling them that I was making them gluten free. But given my little detective, I decided I had to come clean.
I crossed my fingers when Christian took his first bite. I was afraid I was going to have a whole batch of these babies that I was going to end up eating.
Whew! He loved them.
Next up Alex. His smile said it all.
We now enjoy these Gluten Free Quinoa Cinnamon Bites and when Skye is bigger she can too!
Gluten Free Quinoa Cinnamon Bites
- 1 lb quinoa pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons butter or Earth Balance
- ¼ cup brown sugar OR coconut palm sugar
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place another large piece of parchment paper on your counter and sprinkle with gluten free flour. Roll crust into a rectangle, sprinkling with additional flour as necessary to prevent sticking.
- Using a pastry brush, spread butter evenly on the crust. Combine cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and sprinkle on top.
- Starting at the LONG side of the dough, use your hands to gently roll the dough tightly. (You will be forming a long log.) Cut the dough with a sharp knife or kitchen shears into small bites.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown. Store for two days at room temperature or a week in the refrigerator.
Recipe NotesServings 12, Calories 117, Fat 4.2g, Carbohydrates 19.1g, Protein 2.7g, Cholesterol 8mg, Sodium 180mg, Fiber 1.5g, Sugars 2.9g