These Chicken Parmesan Burgers are perfect for a weeknight meal! They are loved by kids and adults alike.
I've got to say - I am a sucker for sandwiches of any type.
If I could get away with it, I'd probably serve some sort of sandwich or wrap for dinner several times a week.
But that doesn't mean I would be happy doing the same old thing.
Nope, I much prefer to mix things up and my latest kitchen adventure does just that.
These Chicken Parmesan Burgers are tasty enough for the adults, while remaining kid friendly.
I really love these burgers! I served mine with both basil and spinach, and I highly recommend you do the same!
If you Like These Chicken Parmesan Burgers You May Also Like:
Chicken Parmesan Burgers
Quinoa Crusted Chicken Parmesan Burgers
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 16 ounces ground chicken
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ¾ cup marinara sauce divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ¾ cup quinoa flakes
- ¾ cup quinoa flour
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Olive Oil or Coconut Oil for cooking
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella cheese
- 6 gluten free buns
- Spinach Basil (optional - for serving)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine milk and lemon juice and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, ground chicken, quinoa, ⅔ cups marinara, garlic, thyme, rosemary, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. Form into 6 patties.
- In a food processor, combine quinoa flakes, quinoa flour, parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, and parsley pulse until the mixture reaches a breadcrumb like consistency.
- Dip each patty in the quinoa flake mixture then in the milk mixture and back in the quinoa flake mixture. The patties will be soft and you will need to reshape them a bit once they are coated.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. (Just enough to coat the pan lightly.) Cook on each side until brown, approximately 3 to 4 minutes per site. Transfer to the oven and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake another 10 to 12 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the burgers are cooked through. Place each patty on a bun and top with a tablespoon of marinara. Top with spinach and/or basil if desired.