I don’t know about you but when I’m feeling like there is more to do in a given day than I can possibly get done, I find myself reaching for foods that are….less than ideal. I could blame the fact that my boys had a fleeing infatuation with bagel chips (and the hubby bought them four bags) and I haven’t been able to find kale at the grocery store to make my beloved kale chips. But really this is a recurring theme with me. When things are calm my diet is pretty darn good. But when things get crazy, I find myself snacking and relying on convenience foods. This has been going on off an on since the holidays, but I put a stop to it this week. One thing I know about myself is that if I plan ahead, I always do better. This quinoa edamame salad is the perfect solution for me.
Quinoa Edamame Bowl
- 2 cups cooked quinoa check out this post for how to cook quinoa.
- 1 cup organic edamame cooked according to package directions
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- ¼ cup chopped radishes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil optional – if you are oil free omit
- 2 tablespoons Brown Rice Vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic minced (I LOVE MYRösle Garlic Press)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoonPure Himalayan Salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup almonds chopped
- 4 tablespoons Toasted Sesame Seeds
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, edamame, red onion, red pepper, and radishes. In a small bowl combine rice wine vinegar, garlic, crushed red pepper, sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Whisk in olive oil. Toss with salad. Transfer to serving bowls and top with almonds and sesame seeds.
I fell in love with the mixture of quinoa and edamame with this vegan quinoa salad. The combo is perfect for me right now, because it keeps me full which helps prevent mindless snacking. And, if I do get hungry having quinoa salad in the fridge goes a long way towards keeping the boys bagel chips safe.