Travel, getting ready for the school year, chasing my busy little toddler who gets more active by the day…
Although I’ve loved every minute of it (except for maybe a few that were spent fishing rocks out of said toddler’s mouth), I’m definitely feeling the need to clean up my diet from the foods that inevitably fall into it when things get crazy.
That’s why I’m so excited to be hosting a Fall Cleanse & Restore. I’d love for anyone who is looking forward to a healthy fall to join me! Learn more here!
To celebrate finally having the time to take care of myself, I’m sharing a great healthy snack that is perfect for school lunchboxes.
Quinoa Power Balls
- ¾ cup dried cherries
- ¾ cup pitted dates
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pepitas pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 4 plain brown rice cakes
- ½ cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup honey or brown rice syrup
- ½ cup almond butter slightly warmed
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- Place cherries, dates, sunflower seeds, pepitas, chia seeds, rice cakes and quinoa flakes in a food processor. Process until crumbly. Add honey and almond butter and process until well combined.
- Place sesame seeds in a shallow bowl. Use a tablespoon measure to form processed mixture into balls. Roll in sesame seeds and place on a parchment lined dish. Place in refrigerator until serving.