I’ve mentioned more than once that I am prone to food ruts.
There were several years where I ate the same salad with the same balsamic vinegar dressing for breakfast. (Yes, weird I know.)
I used to really feel bad about this. As if that repetition made me a dull person. Or that I was being lazy by not switching up my meals more often.
These days, I embrace my ruts.
Since going gluten free, I’ve learned that one of the only ways to stay sane is to find a few meals that I really love and enjoy them on a regular basis. Variety comes in at dinner but for breakfast and lunch I pretty much eat the same thing every day of the week. Otherwise, the balance between feeding the rest of the family and feeding myself just gets to be too much.
Because it’s easier, we only eat gluten free breads and wraps at our house. Udi’s Gluten Free is our brand of choice. Even if I wasn’t a brand ambassador for them, I’d still use their products. For one, they taste great. Even America’s Test Kitchen agrees – they selected them as the top gluten free bread in their gluten free book.
My go to breakfast right now is an (organic, soy free, free range) egg sandwich loaded with veggies and a garlic yogurt sauce. For lunch, I’m obsessed with wraps.
Each week, I’ll make a difference sauce and prepare a big batch of red onions. Then at lunch time all I have to do is heat the tortillas, combine quinoa and beans, pile on the veggies and drizzle the sauce.
I love knowing that I’ve got a healthy (gluten free!) meal waiting for me every day that doesn’t skimp on flavor.
Connect with Udi’s on Facebook!
Quinoa Wraps with Garlic Lemon Tahini Sauce
- Red Onions
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 - 2 red onions sliced thin
- Garlic Tahini Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup yogurt dairy or non-dairy
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 4-6 cloves garlic minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- For Serving
- Udi’s gluten free tortillas
- Chopped Spinach
- Cooked black beans drained and rinsed
- Cooked quinoa
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Make onions but bringing vinegar and water to a boil. Add onions and remove from heat. Allow to sit for 30 minutes. Serve or store in a glass container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Make Tahini sauce by combining yogurt, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar and sea salt in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Store in the refrigerator.
- To prepare wraps, heat a small skillet to medium heat. Spray well with oil. Add tortillas, one at a time. Cook until they start to puff up. Flip and cook until brown. Remove from pan.
- Spread each tortilla with a spoon full of sauce. Spread spinach and sprouts on tortilla. In a small bowl combine black beans, quinoa and tomatoes. Sprinkle over the spinach. Top with drained onions and drizzle with additional sauce.
Learn more about living gluten free! Visit http://udisglutenfree.com/community
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Udi’s Gluten Free. The opinions and text are all mine.