These Spanish Beef & Cauliflower Rice Bowls are a great low-carb easy weeknight meal! Perfect to include in your weekend meal prep.
One of my favorite ways to prep meals on the weekend is to put together all of the ingredients to make bowls. That way, I've got lunch or dinner in a matter of minutes.
I love bowls because they are so easy to change up throughout the week to add a bit of variety to my menu.
Though traditionally bowls will start with a grain, I've been using a lot of cauliflower and zucchini in place of grains this year. No offense to grains (or quinoa, which is technically a seed), but I seem to feel better when I limit the carbs in my diet to a ridiculous amount of vegetables.
Luckily, cauliflower steps in as a beautiful and delicious substitute for rice.
I make my cauliflower rice in my food processor, but apparently, cauli-rice is all the rage now
The Quality of Meat You Eat Matters!
You know that eating organic, grass-fed and ethically-raised animal protein is important, but sourcing it can be a challenge. Enter Butcher Box! Their monthly subscription service delivers a selection of hormone and antibiotic free cuts direct to your door, including 100% grass-fed and grass-finished beef, free range organic chicken and heritage breed pork.
Read my full Butcher Box Review for why they are my go-to company.
(The following link is an affiliate link)
Get 10% Off, Free Bacon & Free Shipping!
It didn't surprise me that much when I heard people talking about getting frozen riced cauliflower at Trader Joe's, but now you can get it at most any grocery store.
In these Spanish Beef & Cauliflower Rice Bowls, I've used this Spanish Cauliflower Rice recipe. It adds a bit of extra flavor if you have the time to prep it, but these bowls will also be great with plain cauliflower rice.
I've been talking lately about how I've become obsessed with high-quality grass-fed meat (which I get from Butcher Box), and that is what I've used here.
Spanish Beef & Cauli-Rice Bowls with Avocado
- 3 cups Cauliflower Rice from this recipe
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives diced
- 1 tablespoon capers drained
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 poblano peppers diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado
- In a small bowl, combine olives, capers and red wine vinegar. Set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add poblano peppers and cook for 5 minutes. Add ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally until it begins to brown. Reduce heat to low and stir in cumin. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide “rice” evenly among four bowls. Top with meat, lettuce, olive mixture and avocado.