In my last post I was talking about my plans for a Spring Shape Up. Not a diet, mind you. But a time where I focus on getting healthy and getting my mojo back after far too long of taking care of everyone else. My plans are to focus more on the things I can (and should) have in my diet for health and to stay away from a deprivation mentality. (Which never works long term.)
I was so excited by the onslaught of emails from people saying they’d love to join me in the shape up, which will be starting April 15!
It got my brain spinning and though I don’t have it all figured out yet, I can tell you that I will be inviting you all to join me.
Here is what I’ve decided so far. First, this isn’t something I’m selling. It will be free and open to anyone to participate. (Even if they don’t like quinoa.)
The idea is to create a supportive group of people who are working to improve their health, whether weight loss is a goal or not.
I can’t tell you how excited I am to have Linda Wagner here with us today to share her Spicy Rainbow Buddha Bowl. I ran across her website when follow a beautiful recipe from Pinterest and once I was there I was hooked.
Spicy Rainbow Buddha Quinoa Bowl
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 bag shredded carrots about 2 cups
- 1 large head of broccoli chopped
- ½ head of purple cabbage chopped fine
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 Tbs Adobo Seasoning
- 2 tsps garlic powder – you can also use fresh garlic if you have it
- sea salt & lots of fresh cracked pepper
- 1 bag frozen peas
- 2 Tbs golden flax seeds
- 1 avocado as garnish
- Sriracha as garnish
- 4 cups water veggie broth, or homemade bone broth
- In a large pot over medium high heat add water or broth, quinoa, all your chopped veggies, adobo seasoning, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook until all the water is absorbed – about 15-20 mins
- Then stir in frozen peas and flax seeds. You could also add some greens in this step: kale, spinach, swiss chard or arugula would all taste great! Add more salt and pepper if needed. I love mine with LOTS of fresh cracked pepper!
- Serve as is or garnish with fresh avocado slices, a drizzle of Sriracha, and a sprig of parsley.
- You could also have it with a piece of grilled chicken or fish on top or on the side!
Recipe NotesServings 6, Serving Size 445g, Calories 363, Fat 11.2g, Carbohydrates 54.9g, Protein 13.4g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 143mg, Potassium 864mg, Fiber 12.9g, Sugars 7g, WW Pts 9
Connect with Linda!
Linda Wagner is an experienced and skilled Nutrition Coach who utilizes a holistic methodology to invigorate the mind, body, and spirit. It is her passion to assist others in achieving their true, unlimited potential.
Linda has the unique ability of identifying root, underlying issues for both basic and complex nutritional concerns. She uses a straightforward approach that embodies a combination of dietary, self care, and lifestyle techniques that are both easy to follow and enormously effective. She has helped hundreds of people across the country achieve radiant, long lasting physical and emotional wellness.