I received products from Just Hemp Foods in exchange for my honest opinion. All opinions are 100% mine.
This Strawberry Pecan Salad with Spicy Chocolate Vinaigrette is a delicious and nutritious salad to change up your salad routine.
I used to eat salads for breakfast every day. An odd habit I know, but at the time I would wake up craving veggies.
Somewhere along the line, I got out of this habit. Maybe it was because I ate the same salad with the same dressing every day for more than a year? Or maybe it is because my body started craving more protein in the morning.
Lately, I’ve been trying to get back into the salad habit on a consistent basis. If not for breakfast, then for lunch or dinner.
I have to say that I feel better when I eat salads, and I also enjoy them more than most anything that I make.
When I received a sample of Hemp Seeds from Just Hemp as part of Chocotoberfest, I knew immediately that I wanted to incorporate them into a salad.
A salad with a Chocolate Vinaigrette? I know - it almost as unusual as eating salad for breakfast. Trust me on this one - it is so good. Subtle, a little unexpected and addictive.
I’ve used strawberries here - because hello chocolate and strawberries - but pears would be nice too. (And are a little more seasonal right now.)
I loved the crunch that the hemp seeds added to the dish and the added protein. A single serving has 8 grams of plant-based protein with a near perfect balance of essential fatty acids. They are gluten-free, and Non-GMO Project verified.
I also used 1/4 cup of Just Hemp Foods Hemp Seed oil, which has 2.5g Omega-3 per serving.
This is a salad you don't want to miss!
Make sure you check out the Just Hemp Foods website to learn more about their nutritious and delicious products!
Strawberry Pecan Hemp Seed Salad with Spicy Chocolate Vinaigrette
- Chocolate Dressing
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or 1/2 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup Just Hemp Foods Hemp Seed Oil
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 ounces Arugula or Spinach
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cubed
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped & toasted
- 1/3 cup Hemp Seed
- Make the dressing by combining vinegar, olive oil cocoa powder, maple syrup, garlic, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper in a blender. Process until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine spinach or arugula, strawberries and mozzarella. Toss with the desired amount of dressing. Top with pecans and hemp seeds and serve.