I know I don’t post desserts often, but in honor of Spring, I just had to. Don’t you just love it when the berries start coming in? Being in Florida it is already happening. It’s still early and they are a little expensive, but organic and locally grown strawberries have started to make an appearance in the grocery store.
It’s enough to get a girl excited.
In other news, I wanted to say thank you for those of you who took the time out of your busy schedule to respond to my request for suggestions about Skye’s eating. The emails and comments were just….AMAZING!
I am happy to report that in just a week we’ve made a huge turn around. We aren’t where I’d like to be – I mean she’s not throwing a toddler-fit because she wants my green smoothie – but at least she is getting solid food into her body. So THANK YOU! I love having such an amazing network of healthy Mom’s, Dad’s, Grandma’s and Granddad’s to rely on.
Strawberry Quinoa Crisps
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes divided
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 cups strawberries stemmed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder or organic cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 1/4 cup quinoa flakes in a food processor and process until powdered. Transfer to bowl and toss with remaining quinoa flakes, coconut, almonds, 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. Drizzle with coconut oil and syrup and mix until the texture becomes crumbly.
- In a large bowl combine strawberries, remaining sugar, lemon juice and arrowroot powder. Toss until well combined.
- Divide strawberry mixture into six individual ramekins. Top with quinoa mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
Recipe NotesServings 6, Calories 235, Fat 11.7g, Carbohydrates 29.9g, Protein 3.8g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 3mg, Fiber 3.8g, Sugars 18.4g, WW Pts 6