This Strawberry Quinoa Salad is light and fruity, with a punch of flavor from ginger and basil. It is the perfect way to combine the flavors of strawberries and oranges into one delicious salad!
I've talked often about how when it comes to food, the boys don't agree on much of anything. (Thus far Skye is the least picky of the three, and I'm hopeful that that will continue.)
But one thing they both love is strawberries.
Of course even thought they love them, they still disagree. (And yes, I'm embarrassed to admit this.)
Alex likes his strawberries a little unripened and tart. Christian prefers his bright red and fully ripe. I gave up trying to sort it out for them, and now when they have strawberries I just give them a bowl and tell them to divide them out themselves.
They do well with this and often polish off $6 worth of strawberries in a single sitting.
If you love strawberries as much as they do, I have a treat for you today.
This Strawberry Quinoa Salad with Orange Vinaigrette is brought to you my MJ from The Adventures of MJ and Hungryman.
Doesn't it look amazing?
MJ (short for Min Jung) is the mastermind behind the blog The Adventures of MJ and Hungryman. She is a dietetic intern who fell in love with cooking once she came to know the life-altering power of food. Her goal is to take healthful ingredients often considered daunting and make them accessible to the average cook. She is joined on the blog by her husband Tim (aka Hungryman). He takes on the role of restaurant critic as well as eager taste-tester for MJ’s kitchen creations. On their blog, you’ll find healthful tips and recipes, restaurant reviews, and a glimpse of them as they do life together.
If You Like This Strawberry Quinoa Salad:
Strawberry Quinoa Salad
Strawberry Quinoa Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
- 1 ½ cup fresh strawberries quartered
- ½ cup red quinoa
- ½ cup couscous I used pearl -***see note
- 5-7 basil leaves roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 4 oz. crumbled herbed goat cheese for vegan option use nut cheese
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Orange Vinaigrette
- 6 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbs freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- For the vinaigrette, whisk all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cook quinoa and couscous according to the package. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Transfer to a mixing bowl and allow it to cool.
- Add the strawberries, basil. Toss with vinaigrette until well coated. Season to taste. Place in the refrigerator for several hours to let the flavors develop.
- When ready to serve, add cheese, almonds, and more fresh basil.
Connect with MJ